Cannot download mandatory update

When I launch the game it says I need go to the Microsoft store and download a mandatory update before playing (and when I click ok it takes me to the store) but when I go to the store there are no updates to download. When I click “get updates” it says “You’re good to go. All your trusted apps and games from Microsoft store have the latest updates.“ Any thoughts?

You are not alone

9 Likes

Yep I can’t get the update either.

3 Likes

Mine has just resolved itself. I did install the XBox app as that seems to work

2 Likes

Same problem here.

1 Like

Have followed troubleshoot instructs as given in “community” section. Did all Windows updates to date and did the reinstall Microsoft Store procedure. Sim keeps sending me to the store but when I try to load Updates it announces that I am “up to date and good to go” When I check my “installs” MSFS shows it was last modified on Aug 9 which would have been the date for Fix #2. Trying the sim again and it continues to send me back to the store. ASOBO, why don’t you troubleshoot these issues before you lock us out of the sim? I thought you were going to give us an option instead of mandatory upgrades!!

14 Likes

yup same here. I saw some workarounds from months back from a previous update saying the same thing, but they didn’t work (changing name of install directory, uninstalling via the store, then putting the directory name back and it is supposed to let you update) this DID not work as I had no “uninstall” button. Finally threw in the towel, uninstalled and now I am just letting it pull the whole 128GB again! Sorry Verizon. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Can only suggest you install the XBox app. It worked for me - now downloading the 2.67 Gb patch!

4 Likes

I saw you mention that, but AFTER I punted! Thanks, I will probably just pull that down anyway.

Same here, game works when going offline (ignore the complaints). Update does not show in MS Store

1 Like

Tried everything still can’t get the latest update…

1 Like

Same here.

2 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

Mine worked after I installed the XBox app, but not immediately. It suddenly appeared in the store while I was checking another pc

1 Like

Same here - no updates in the store

Yup-installed the Xbox app and then the FS2020 appeared in the downloads and updates section of the MS store.

1 Like

I installed the Xbox app but didn’t get the update?"

2 Likes

I selected the Play button in the Shop and promptly had to download 600MB of software. After that restarted FS and I got taken to the FS Install Update Menu. Totally logical if you ask me :wink: !

Suggest you re-boot after installing the XBox app. Open the store and leave it open, the FS box should eventually appear, but it may take a minute or two.

1 Like

No mandatory UPDATE is available to download from MS Store…

Perhaps the update broke the update?

How do we play our Flight Sim now MS?

2 Likes