Cannot hear ATC in the A310

Oh ok…thanks! Same problem I was having, but I’ll try volume. This A310 is a much, MUCH different experience.

1 Like

Hi all, we’re still looking into what could be causing this, it is proving intermittent in our testing so the root cause is proving slippery

1 Like

I don’t know if this helps or not but for me it happens 100% of the times:

• Own pilot speaks the first time, the subtitle showing the pilot’s speech appears but blinks, then the Ground (as I’m starting the aircraft cold) replies but almost immediately and apparently without waiting for the pilot’s speech to end and then the pilot becomes “mute”, never to be heard again.

On top of this, this started to happen on my end this week after the latest update. Before the update everything worked fine on my end regarding the A310.

If there’s anything I can do in terms of testing feel free to ask.

2 Likes

See:

and:

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong but this is getting ridiculous!!

Now I can hear the ATC even with the radio volumes set to off but I can’t still hear my own pilot and everytime I ask for the Baggage and Catering Services and sometimes the Jetway while in Toronto’s Pearson airport (CYYZ - I use FlyTampa version) the aircraft “crashes” just like crashing into the ground!!

Can someone give me the OLD VERSION of the A310 which was used until last week or so and give me the option to NEVER UPDATE?! PLEASE!
Really, I was happy with the state that the A310 was when released. One of the best aircraft in FS2020. Now the update didn’t update anything! Only messed up stuff!
I didn’t need any update for the A310, really!

The previous version had ATC issues too. Maybe you just hadn’t encountered them yet. Admittedly they are way worse/more predictabke now than previous release. Using start up states or switching start up states caused same issue to appear with that release though.

Well, I suppose I was lucky then because I think never encountered such ATC and own pilot voice issues before and I always started the A310 in “Cold and Dark” state.

C&D and checklist startup was fine on previous version. Switching states (say C&D->Ready for Takeof) yielded ATC bug. Now on latest version error bug no matter what. I haven’t tried a single state yet eg “ready for takeoff” to check ATC. I might give that a test today. If there is a workaround it would be good to find it. The VHF1 enable button (which doesn’t seem to be required, but if pressed illuminates the green VHF1 light) also seems to give weird ATC behaviour too, and always has since release. Pressing it was another way to enter the bugged state using previous version. Where you could lose ATC audio in either direction. This version makes ATC unidirectional, but at least you can hear what ATC says, which is slightly less annoying than the other way around.

Today an update was released. However and after trying the update, I’m again disappointed that such gameplay issue still wasn’t corrected in this update and instead what we got was some minor updates to an existing GPS equipment which as far as I know worked ok.

The updates were/are anything but minor. WT have massively improved the functionality of all the applicable Garmin units — especially in regards to complex procedural functions. The are outstanding now.

On top of that, they took two lightly modeled business jets — CJ4 and Longitude — and made them both absolutely stellar with many, many in-depth improvements.

I do hear what you’re saying about not getting the bug fixes in the A310 you’d hoped for, but the scope of AAU1 was never about addressing the A310.

If you’re following the official A310 thread, you will see posts by IniBuilds indicating a myriad of fixes they have been making. All they are unable to do is tell us when we will receive the updated aircraft. My assumption is it will be SU12.

Hang in there.

1 Like

I actually used the wrong word. I didn’t mean to say “minor” but instead I meant “cosmetic”.
That’s what happens when you’re trying/post too quickly.

Nevertheless what you’re mentioning while being great looking improvements are IMO, only “cosmetic” improvements.
And gameplay/bug fix should always take precedence over any “cosmetic” improvements. Unfortunately I see that this is not the “line of thought” of Asobo/Microsoft/whatever…

Well, I’ll “hang in here” for sure even because I bought the game. But I admit that my patience is kinda “running low” specially when IMO this sim (MSFS) was IMO actually better a few months ago than it is now - this is unconceivable!
But yeah, we have better GPS units but on the other hand vital gameplay features that once worked continue to be broken. Nice trade-off.

Sorry for my rant.

I know we are getting way off base here, but how are the AAU1 improvements cosmetic?

WT added a massive amount of functionality to the Garmin units featured and to the CJ4, Longitude and, I’d forgotten, TBM-930.

They didn’t add liveries and new textures, which would be cosmetic. They added sophisticated sub-systems modeling and the Garmin units nearly identical to real-world working units.

While I understand your concerns for wanting bugs squashed — believe me, I do. I was QA on a number of flight simulation products and I have a vested interest in this bug seeing as I wrote it up here: A310 ATC/ATIS/ASOS Audio Issue — there are separate teams that make up the entirety of this simulator’s development. That has now grown to include 3rd party developers building 2nd party aircraft, such as the A310.

It seems rather strange to diminish the hard work of WT, who have nothing to do with the A310, and what they have given us in terms of depth (surely you appreciate depth, else you wouldn’t be flying the A310, yes?) in order to condemn the, apparent, lack of attention you’d like to see made to this bug.

That is a drag, and I’m sorry you see it this way.

New update and still NO FIX for this issue :rage:

Are you on the beta?

I found it fixed on the beta.

1 Like

Nope, no beta installed here.