A310 ATC/ATIS/ASOS Audio Issue

I’m having a number of strange audio issues with ATC and the radio in only the A310.

This is an example of what happens when I tune to ATIS/ASOS (you’ll need to unmute the playback after the link):

I’ve had this similar weird repetition when “I” speak to ATC. I’ve had my voice repeat my entire radio call anywhere from three to an indefinite number of times until the next opportunity to reply interrupts it.

Most of the time, with the A310, I cannot hear ATC. I can see their message in the log and when I reply, their reply instantly appears in the log even before I’m through speaking. Sometimes I cannot hear either of us and it will remain that way for the duration of the flight.

EDIT: Here’s an example of me requesting IFR clearance only to have ATC instantly respond whilst I’m still speaking. Then you hear me repeat my radio call. (Again, unmute after the link):

I’m also noticing that when ATC is speaking the choices do not grey out and you can select a choice during active radio calls.

EDIT: Adding to this, if you are able to hear ATC, every radio call interrupts the one in progress — including those of other aircraft.

1 Like

When this happens the ATC window also eventually stalls out completely and every option grays out indefinitely requiring an entire restart of the sim.

2 Likes

I had this with the A320Neo too yesterday.

When this happens (and for other ATC issues) it helps to switch on the AI piloting support for a brief moment and then switch it back off.

It happened so many times I had to just leave the beta until they fix it.

[1.29.29.0] On the latest SU 11 Beta as of Nov 19, 2022, on Xbox X.

I have the same issue in the new IniBuilds A310 (amazing plane) where any radio communications (ATIS, ATC, or Pilot) talks over each other, and repeats infinitely. ATIS won’t even read, as it tries to talk over itself (as if it restarts from the beginning after 2 or 3 seconds).

2 Likes

Same issue here.
On PC, Store Version, on Beta

Every ATC message gets interrupted.
Other Aircraft messages as fine, but ATC instructions are messes up

1 Like

Hands up how many people have had ATC xcel their IFR flight plan because either
A. ATC voice goes dead and you can only hear yourself?
B. You tuned ATIS/AWOS and now it stays on the Screen like closed captioning and you have to use COM2 to reestablish a com link to ATC.
C. You Establish communications with ATC but you are still using the Assisted checklist and instead of your pilot monitoring (i.e Copilot) talking you hear ATCs voice instead.?

1 Like

I never hear my responses or the first officer. ATC messages are often interrupted or disappear completely during the flight. ATIS stutters and repeats the beginning over and over. Ryzen 7 7700x, Radeon RX 6800XT, 32 Gb RAM. Microsoft Store version 1.29.30.0.

Edit: I posted a description of my ATC problems on the inibulds forum, they said, “ATC Problems are a bit weird for us - we get reports that it´s not working for some people but none of our testers can replicate it.” They suggested that I verfiy:

Under SOUND
ATC text-to-speech settings = AZURE
Voices = 100

Under PILOTING
AI Radio Communications (ATC) = ON

Under USER EXPERIENCE
ATC Voices = on

None of this made any difference for me. Sadly, if they can’t replicate the problem, we can’t expect a solution any time soon.

1 Like

This item has been reproduced and turned into an official bug report internally. This topic is now updated with the #bug-logged tag. Thanks all :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi.I Am getting a issue ATC when flying the drefault A310 only. The atc voices and instructions are all over the place and not in sync and also keep repeating the same instructions. I can hear me self or it dont not giove me the option to slect what it is asking. I have reset and restarted the simm. Does not happen on any other aircraft for which i have tested, just the a310

Everything is upto date and running on PC … msfs 2020 - ive seen others have had the issue but no solution

Thank you

2 Likes

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

ATC communications are muted. I cannot hear ATC and sometimes the responses get repeated endlessly.

1 Like

See this:

I’m having the same issue with the radio constantly repeating responses to ATC, or ATC replying before the response is finished. It’s only occurred in the inibuilds A310 (so far).

1 Like

To add to this issue, if you use radios or input a flight plan on the world map, this issue occurs and you can no longer use the in-game checklist unless you pause each step to move on to the next one

The issue has been resolved in the beta. Final release will be happening this month.

Hang in there!

:frowning: no update

update to no update: There was no update downloaded for the plane, but something has clearly changed, because it’s working now!

οκ, I can now here my co-pilot talking to ATC but its still buggy. I got airport information still coming out of the blue. And lost ATC towards the end of the flight and could only here my co-pilot.

The bug, as described in my OP has been fixed.

The issues you describe are these here:

Or:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/random-atis-report-on-repeat/578193

That is this bug:

Both happened on this flight. I’m on a series S.

I’ve already voted for this!

1 Like