Cannot hear ATC instructions and other aircraft suddenly while AI copilot still responds

Same issue here. I just moved so I thought maybe I had a settings change when I unplugged all my things, all settings are correct, Can’t hear ATC at all, not for taxi instructions, altitude adjustments or hand-offs. Xbox series S

Same here, it just randomly starts to happen mid flight. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I too have had this issue since update 5

2 Likes

Same issue here…regardless of AC, route, ATC stops interacting after like 15-20 min, Co-Pilot callbacks are still transmitted. Controller instructions are not even in log.

2 Likes

I first get this robotic female controller, then at the time of switch to the next one, it happens.

1 Like

I have the same problem. Is there a bug report for it yet?

1 Like

Exact same thing happened to me today. Voted.

I created an account on this platform just to report this issue and many others that have been making the game unplayable since SU5. I do not know how this forum works, but please, if there is someone from the MSFS team reading this, i beg you, i paid almost 120 euros for this game, and i think su5 have ruined completely the experience, so please fix the game.

2 Likes

I also suffer from this issue, i have to turn on the automatic ATC response so I don’t miss anything.

I’m not sure if this is the same issue, but my radio audio just doesn’t work at all. I can see the messages, but both sending and receiving I don’t hear at all. So far I’ve only tested in a Cessna 152.

1 Like

Who needs functional ATC in aviation? We need more POI’s and DLC.

2 Likes

Still happening with today’s update.

3 Likes

Yup can confirm

1 Like

As per the post linked below, started seeng this with WU6. Not only does the ATC mute, but I don’t see the messages they’re sending on my ATC window message log either. The only way I know there was an ATC command sent is that my response options change.

1 Like

Currently doing a sp flight with ATC assist on, when all of a sudden I could no longer hear other voices including controller and other pilots on radio. My ATC and ATC voices are on, and tried switching from azure voices to default voices to no avail. In the ATC window it only shows my communications.

5 Likes

Check the volume knob on com 1 and 2. Make sure it’s turned up. Although you should still see ATC text so this may not be your issue.

Coms are at 100% volume.

2 Likes

There’s a setting that turns ATC voices on and off – Options - Assistance Options - User Experience - ATC Voices. Is that turned off?

I’m getting this same issue. It wasn’t happening at the beginning of my flight. Happening now, about mid-way. Flying KDFW-KATL. Last known good comm according to the log from ATC was at the Regional Departure handoff to ARTCC (Ft Worth Center).

I am currently over Memphis ARTCC and it is still not working.

EDIT: This also happened earlier today on another flight (prior to 1.18.15.0) but worked flawlessly on my last flight before the update (KLAX-MMGL), so I suspect it’s server-side. Using Azure but just switched to Offline to see if that does anything.

1 Like

OK, so no dice…Offline doesn’t change anything. It’s like the Copilot has a headset on where only she can hear what ATC says and she verbally responds as expected.

Trying disabling ATC Assist now.

Side note: the skies are eerily empty for Dallas-Atlanta at 22:00 local. ATC window flashes now and then like something is trying to display but nothing shows (I suspect other traffic). I also see no other AI aircraft but it’s night and there are no lights working I suppose so that could explain that (except my TCAS seems empty too)! Using Real-World Traffic.

1 Like