Cannot hear ATC instructions and other aircraft suddenly while AI copilot still responds

Yeah, disabling ATC Assist doesn’t help either.

1 Like

I gave it a couple restarts and it’s working fine. However after a while it becomes quiet again so def gonna be reporting this bug.

4 Likes

My testing ended with a CTD about :15 minutes after last report. Right before TOD. Sound stutters and then total lock. Bummer. I haven’t had many of those except in the World Map up 'til now.

1 Like

I have this problem too sometimes. Just happened in the last flight but when I landed I noticed the ATC was talking but the volume was too low, so in-flight I could not hear it. My copilot’s voice volume was much louder and didn’t have a problem hearing it. Checked the voices in the options and they are all 100%.

1 Like

I am facing this issue every time i use the dc-6

1 Like

Had my first non-CTD post update flight last night. All went well except no ATC again. It’s not volume because the comms don’t even display in the ATC window. My copilot just spouts off responses - that’s the only way I know what ATC is expecting of me.

1 Like

Yep same here, halway through a flight and all atc communication sound dissapears

This sim is so broken its not even funny anymore. Its problem after problem, hotfixes are a waste of time as they seem to fix one thing and break 10 others.

I really am disappointed in fs2020 now, I had no troubles before SU5, now its a nightmare as you know on takeoff something is gonna crap out

I don’t think Asobo even have a clue anymore, it seems they are out of their depth as they say something is fixed when clearly it isn’t , and from that hotfix, 10 other things break

This is starting to feel like Cyberpunk, a half polished ■■■■ that just can’t be fixed

3 Likes

I have the same problem, no more ATC… it doesn’t even show on the text log message box. All i hear is my pilot voice clearing for take off and no ATC response. Nothing to do with default panel if all buttons are enable, nothing to do with setup make sure is enable, nothing to do with Azure voice, etc. This is a complete miss and hit every time Asobo updates the sim. This is clearly a miss and yes…maybe it works for some and not for other simmers. Need a fix on this whatever the next hot fix, assuming you fix it and maybe break another feature while doing that.

1 Like

I have the same issue, you can clearly see it in the chat as well. Please file a support request as well., I just did. Ticket 118082

2 Likes

Exactly the same for me, nothing in my community folder either, another SU5 added glitch I have no doubt.

Absolutely agree, its no longer a game of patience & understanding, Asobo need to get a grip. I have nothing in my community folder and have spent £109 on this sim plus a further £200 plus in marketplace.
ITS A JOKE NOW BUT ITS NOT FUNNY

1 Like

??? Yeah, no text showing proves its not the volume knobs so that is not the issue.

Yeah but it doesnt turn off the text in the ATC window and my ATC works for so long and then I hear nothing from them once approaching the airport, all I hear are my responses to them and their messages no longer show up in the ATC window but my responses still do, its another SU5 glitch sadly.

1 Like

Mine shows the text and I can even hear the ATC, but very low when this happens. Thankfully it rarely happens.

The strange thing for me is that the bug isn’t always there.

I.e. I had it a couple of flights in a row, but then no issue after a restart of the sim.

I have a feeling it has something to do with COM2. Sometimes I hear another signal coming in on com2, often ATIS, and then I switch the channel there to get rid of the sound. Usually then my com1 stops working normally.

ATC works for me until about 50 miles out, then I stop hearing any messages and also the text from ATC no longer appears in the pop up ATC window.
I simply hear my co pilot’s responses to the instructions that he is being given and in the text window all I have displayed are the co pilots responses.
Its laughable really that Asobo could make such a pigs ear of this, sold under false pretences as far as I am concerned. They will resolve this issue and many others with the next update but I guarantee that they will also introduce more problems that we DON’T yet have!!

2 Likes

Can someone please show a temporary fix i can’t hear the ATC either

I may have discovered a temporary fix turn the atc sound option to off and the text starts appearing

Strangely it seems to have something to do with the windows sound settings.
I had the same issue today and i remembered i changed the windows speaker setup, so i got ATC back by changing my speaker settings in windows from dolby atmos back to stereo.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue. I was flying FBW A320 from Manchester to Brussels and about halfway into the flight ATC voice/text as well as other aircraft voice text disappeared. I didn’t touch any setting.