Cannot play FS2020 For 2 weeks now

Every time i try to open FS2020 the Microsoft Store opens and wants me too download Gaming Services. When i try to install gaming services i get an error. This only happens when i try to play FS2020 and the problem does not exist with any other games from the Microsoft Store when i open them. I have no idea what happened since i did not change any setting or delete any problems, It happened randomly the next time i tried to open FS2020.

It has now been 2 weeks and i have tried to uninstall the xbox app, delete registry entries, updated windows to the latest version a thousand times and more. Can someone please help me find a solution because i am unable to play FS2020.

If it helps when i try to install Gaming Services i get the error Code: 0x80070002

If MS Store keeps redirecting you to Gaming Services when you try to launch or update MSFS, carefully follow these instructions to try and fix the issue:

1. Close MSFS & MS Store
2. Open Registry Editor (regedit)
3. In the panel on the left, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE → SYSTEM → CurrentControlSet → Services
4. Carefully remove the GamingServices and GamingServices.Net  items
5. Restart Computer
6. Go to MS Store → 3-dot-menu on the right → Downloads and Updates → Check updates and install the update to Gaming Services (you may need to click on Gaming Services to force a check for updates)
7. Try to launch MSFS again
2 Likes

I am not sure if someone casted a spell whilst reading this post however i tried once again without doing anything and Gaming Services finally installed and i can open FS2020. Thanks regardless!

Good to hear.

I had that too. I could fix it by Signing out of the MS Store, signing into the store again, going to Windows Settings and then accounts. Under Your Info I had to make sure it is me.

Trying to run FS2020 today ,redirected to Microsoft Store, Digital Ownership and same problem and error Code: 0x80070002.
Any other suggestions tried all of the above.

Install the latest windows update also check the optional update.

Thanks,
Yes Windows Update and the Optional updates are up to date.
Other Store App updates downloaded and installed so I wonder if it is at the server end.
I will wait 24 hours and try again.
They certainly don’t make FS2020 easy do they ?

1 Like

This isn’t related to MSFS directly. This is due to the raging dumpster fire that is the MS Store ecosystem and it’s multitude of loosely connected services all managed by separate departments.

I’m glad I bought it on Steam where these problems don’t exist.

1 Like

You can istall gaming services manually

Step by step guide

In windows seacrh bar type
powershell

right click on powershell and select run as administrator

Copy the command below and paste into powershell (right click to paste into powershell window)

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

Copy the command below and paste into powershell (right click to paste into powershell window)

Remove-Item -Path “HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices” -Recurse

press enter

Remove-Item -Path “HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet” -Recurse

press enter

//////////////////////////////////////////
Restart PC.
/////////////////////////////////////////

Download Microsoft.GamingServices_2.53.28001.0_neutral___8wekyb3d8bbwe.AppxBundle
Right click on it and select install

1 Like

That’s what I also did, never had a problem like this on steam, only we get MSFS updates a bit later sometimes but that can be neglected I suppose :smiley:

Not sure if this helps,but it got my game loading after a crash and some video scrambled screen,after I rebooted the pc and tried launching msfs I ended up at game service .So after a while i decded to do a repair on the game service app and msfs .After that msfs fired up again.

And by “later”, that’s usually an hour or two at most. In many cases, the updates are simultaneous or only a few minutes behind.

And I don’t have nor will I ever have an XBOX, so the cross platform functionality is meaningless to me.

Closing topic.

Before posting bugs or issues, please search in #bugs-and-issues

This topic has been brought up. Search for “gaming services”.

To keep the forum organized, post all bugs and issues in one of the subcategories in #bugs-and-issues

Thank you.