Cannot start flights after graphics card upgrade

@gordongreig I did try it with no marketplace addons too. No dice. Sure, addon developers must do their own QA. That goes without saying. But the platform needs to be stable with major addons that are commonly used. It is not.

But regardless, I cannot find an addon that causes it (community or marketplace), and I keep testing with default aircraft only.

Does your setup uses one or two monitors (Displays)

I have two displays but MSFS is set up to use only one

Well said.

Are you using the latest Nvidia driver? I use driver version 497.29, thatā€™s the most stable one for my 3080 or was and I tend not to keep updating drivers if they work. Give that a try.

@anon69344611 I am using driver version 5165.40 (the latest right now)

Try the older 497.29. The latest isnt always the greatest in my experience. You have nothing to lose by trying it.

Iā€™ll give that a try in the evening. Thanks @anon69344611

1 Like

Hope it works for you.

I have 3 out of 10 times a problem with a none reacting msfs.exe when starting MSFS and using the second screen to e.g. setup a simbrief flight plan or executing some different programs. As long as the focus is still on the first screen (MSFS) everything works as it should be. Starting MSFS in windowed mode seems to solve this issue.

Thanks for the tip @lc4c - but I tried both windowed and not windowed, and I was careful not to change focus to another window in most of my attempts, as I am aware of the bug that causes MSFS to stop responding to mouse and keyboard sometimes when you change focus. Yet another mystery bug. But not the cause hereā€¦

Did you try the nekid goat dance, if you havent yet youā€™ll have to wait till the next full moon to try it.

2 Likes

@BubbaBlitz7348 next full moon is something like July 13th. Thatā€™s a long time to wait. Is there a dance that does not require a full moon? I would try that for sure.

1 Like

Out of interest do you have Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling enabled in Windows graphics settings?
Havenā€™t had it since I upgraded to a 3080ti so far, but before having HAGS on would cause my sim to crash all the time, turning HAGS off would stop it completely.

@DORRAGER good question. I havenā€™t enabled it manually, but Iā€™ll check. The driver installer may have done that silently.

1 Like

Hope it is a as simple as that I think its turned on as default. this issue would usually pop up for me when a new sim update come out, but would then be fixed by the next GPU driver update.

LOL nope gotta be on the full moon, and you have to also have 12 dead chickens. So I guess your just going to have to waitā€¦ ;p

HAGS is turned off by default in windows, 10 and 11. You have to manually turn it on and then reboot.

Here I just found this you might want to check it out: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406280399250-All-versions-Crashing-CTDs-issues-Basic-Troubleshooting

1 Like

Thanks for the new info @BubbaBlitz7348 - Iā€™ll try some of the suggestions in that page as well

You might want to check settings in the control panel Xbox tab as well, theres a game assist mode maybe its switched on/off reverse see if that has an effect as wellā€¦

Checked it. Itā€™s off.

1 Like

OK. Tried this driver version. Same result. Stuck in the same place.