Cannot update thanks to CTD at start

I think a lot of these install issues are due to overload of the servers… give it a few hours, if necessary, and it will get better.

WwiseLibPCx64P.dll seems to be the problem

I have an issue too. The Steam version updated a little update ok but when I start the game the the africa-screen occurs and it says there is no online-conection. Then the Nordics World-update screen shows up and some seconds later the game crashes to desktop.
I think I will wait for tonight or tomorrow to restart the update again.

I waited untill midnight (europe) and the update stuck with a file. So, I deinstalled the game and had to download the full installation. Now it works.

I have MSFS through steam, but for this last update I had to open xbox game companion and start the game through that with steam running in the background to finally get it to say im connected and start downloading the actual update, not just the tiny steam one

I’ve just disabled process lasso and msfs is now working fine after dealing with these CTDS

2 Likes

Same here, but when i checked the file integrity trough steam, the game DELETED itself… only community folder remained. Asobo, i thougth that you were different than MS and actually tested your releases. Thanks to my slow internet this will be whole night download.

If you have Process lasso or MSI afterburner, turn them off in task manager it finally loaded

Now lets get down to reinstalling :frowning:

That was it!!! Turning off Process Lasso (or strictly speaking turning off the process governor).

I don’t have either Process Lasso or MSI Afterburner. The simulator keeps trying to load, black screen appears with white spinning circle on bottom right and then CTD.

1 Like

CTD → Restart → CTD → Restart… rinse and repeat. Eventually it will get everything downloaded. Sometimes the restart makes it to the installation screen, sometimes it just CTD’s again. Sometimes the erroneous no internet connection, sometimes not. But eventually (at least for me) after a few restarts it will start downloading again until the next CTD…

This sounds like the windows audio bug alot of us deal with. Try stopping the windows audio service before launch. Once you see the xbox screen you can start it back up.

1 Like

well known “Steam verify” cause a reload… may be the topic for voting: Steam - Verify Integrity of Game Files Deletes All Content

1 Like

:smiley:Thanks after cleanup Community folder it is working… download comes alive…

How to hell should anyone know, that users use such useless tools ? :roll_eyes:

Was this realy the issue for all of the users which reported the problem ?

Interesting. I shut down Process Lasso and MSFS did not crash any more at startup. Now it should update. Steam version.

MSFS now loads no issue because of that yeah, have not used it in years and it didnt even say it was running had to close it in task manager and then I unistalled it

Old steam bug - older than X-Plane, P3D, MSFS.
They dont know how to fix it :rofl:

1 Like

I would say more “worst MSFS Steam integration” ;)… I know no other game with these kind of Steam-integration-fail :rofl:

Surprisingly… yes…

FS was working reliably for months until now.
Updated with emplty community folder, and…
CTD after CTD after CTD …

I have been troubleshooting for an hour without success.

And all of a sudden, when I shut down process lasso, it worked…

Unexpected…

Thanks so much!

1 Like

You are wrong :wink:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/535151589894757367/
https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/i5m3vs/do_not_verify_integrity_of_game_cache_on_steam_it/
and many, many more :wink:

1 Like