Can't access VR menu after update

So far everyone is spot on. What I have found is this. If you go to the main menu, and exit VR there by selecting the CTRL + TAB Enter Exit VR on the main menu it will exit without crashing to desktop. Dont use the TAB + CTRL. Still no work around for accessing the VR menu in game though. Working on options.

2 Likes

Lucky that I never get to uninstall X-plane

6 Likes

Wait a few more hours for the download to finish ā€¦ but as long as ā€œpopcornā€

Will I be one of the millions of completely happy users this time?

I went into the planes and vr controllers do not work at allā€¦Did i miss something? It is so slow too and freezes by time on VRā€¦Here we go againā€¦I guess back to Xplane til SU8. It reconize the controllers but nothing works.

1 Like

Oh no for crying out loud, that is not good - and I am almost done getting the update.

If you reset your mouse profile does mouse clicking on the toolbar work again - this was reported for the world map issue.

This is RICIDULOUS! Asobo broke VR yet again!!! This comes just after the sim became barely usable again after SU6 fixed the mouse-pop up bug. Now the sim is unusable for me AGAIN! Since July 27th (SU5 disaster), the sim has been unplayable 3 of the 4 months and now who knows how long the wait will beā€¦ this is just sad.

4 Likes

tried also to turn off dx12, but nothing to do with thatā€¦even worser, now with dx-11 it starts to shutter if you hoover with the mouse on the menuā€¦

You have to activate the controllers within the VR environment before entering the flight.

Still no menu access, though. I have often rolled my eyes when people claim that the sim is ā€œunplayable.ā€ But now, I totally understand. VR is broken at the moment and itā€™s very frustrating.

Well ā– ā– ā– ā–  thatā€™s a bummer, I finally got my Quest 2 working yesterday in the sim. LMAO

I will try it and get right back to you.

Two for two !!! On my HP reverb G2.

Open XR bug:
One entry into VR and one exit. After that ā€œThe initialization of VR failedā€ message. This is a result of the open XR update yesterday and nothing to do with SU7. This problem has been known for ages with the ā€œUse latest previewā€ option but that preview is now the main version and it can not be reverted as far as I know.

SU7 bug: (feature?)
In VR can not select anything on the menu with mouse or VR controller. Can select ATC with Scroll Lock key - menu appears but cannot interact with it in anyway or move it. I can close it with the scroll lock button.

VR IS NOW UNUSEABLE IN ANY WAY.

I saw the note in the release notes but can not believe they released it anyway. Not just a release but a forced update that breaks everything in VR.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGXZ(*&^%$

4 Likes

Noā€¦tested with deleting mouse profileā€¦no help at all
No more power today to searching for bugā€¦come back later
good luch allā€¦

btwā€¦saw that if I hoover over the menu items in vr, the brake gonna move everytime on and off in a DA40NG

Yep, canā€™t select the toolbar with the mouse in VR. Of all the things to break in a major update weā€™ve been waiting months forā€¦ridiculous.

if broken i am grounded toolbar essential nav maps etc i do hope not , hotfix today please cant fly without it. Lets make this a big topic should never have released with this level of game breaking bug . The fact that Asobo knew and released is unacceptable. will keep posting in this topic daily till a hotfix released .

1 Like

@Jummivana

As this is a ā€œknown issueā€ can we hope that the Devs are working on a Hotfix please? Iā€™m merely guessing that it was discovered very recently and therefore too late to fix for the full SU7.

This is a Major Game Breaking issue and needs to be dealt with ASAP, thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Same. Asobo does it again lol. Also, the moyse pointer dissapeara sometimes and doesnt come back until i click all three buttons of the mouseā€¦ And the csmera is allvbugged out. Got stuck in a weirs view and coulsnt recenter, had to restart.

Switching back out of VR via key combination also didnt work until i tried it while the main menu was open.

What a MESS

Any info about hotfix? Today, Tomorrow? How it was possible not notice this during beta testing :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

Unbelievableā€¦.
All VR pilots are handicapped now

THIS is really gamebreaking for me.
And even though it is stated as a ā€œKnown Issueā€ in the release notes, it is beyond me how they could release the update with a bug like this.
The toolbar is essential to use the sim and not having it operational in VR is simply annoying.
That there is no statement about a hotfix for it let me fear that I am left behind without my only hobby with another lockdown and holiday season ahead :frowning:

I can only guess this bug came up with the introduction of VR controller support.
And while I understand that this was - for whatever reason - the Top Wish for VR I would have liked to have them activated as an option. So far I dont see an option to deactivate the controllers for the sim.
And I really dont want them active to see floating controllers that are anyway not working.
Thinking that this might be the cause for the VR-Toolbar bug let me dislike it even moreā€¦

3 Likes