Can't fly under bridges

The issue is now again in the internal bug tracker from Asobo.

How do you know this?

From the answer of my Zendesk ticket :wink:

2 Likes

Good news.

I tested it now with update 1.12.13.0 and it works now!
Tested the following bridges:

• Golden Gate
  • Bixby Bridge
  • Hover Dam Bridge
  • Lake Sylvenstein in Germany 47.570661, 11.521441

So I think the bug is finaly fixed.

Thank you Asobo.

To all, merry christmas.

I just tried flying under the Golden Gate Bridge and it told me I crashed and stopped the simulation.

Are you sure you donā€™t have crashes disabled, either in settings or via Developer Mode being on?

1 Like

Unfortunatley, you are right!
Dev mode (with disable crashes) was enabled due to graphic tweaks.

Dev Mode with enabled crashes results with a crash.

Iā€™ll go back to Asobo and adress it again :frowning:

ā†’ Ticket: #84956

2 Likes

I just flew under Hoover Dam bridge and the engine cut out causing prop to stopā€¦eventually crashed in to the river after a minute of gliding!

1 Like

Yeah I just tried going under the Golden Gate. I didnā€™t crash but my engine died as soon as I passed under it.

Iā€™ve tried flying under it multiple times in the past. Sometimes you fly under just fine, sometimes thereā€™s a bump like hit something but it keeps going, sometimes you crash, and this is the second time my engine died when going under.

1 Like

going under the bridges crashes for me tooā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed how it seems you canā€™t fly under bridges. Itā€™s like you fly into an invisible wall.

Have only tried a couple of bridges. So not sure if this is true for all bridges.

Is this a known ā€œbugā€?

Yes and yes. Yes its been reported. And yes you can fly under some bridges, at least I can on the ohio river. Theres the valley bridge here in town (Cleveland) that you should be able to fly and A380 under but in the game you cant you hit the invisiwall ;p

Flying under bridges again, Moggy?

Flight of the Intruder?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/solid-walls-or-ortho-images-blocking-bridges/218827

Just two of many threadsā€¦

Try that magnifying glass icon on the upper right and you can join in one of thoseā€¦

Piece of Cake
Piece of Cake - the bridge stunt - Bing video

Thanks for the input and yes, I did try the magnifying glass and found some other threads such as those linked above. However they seemed to be more about those photogrammetry ones where some of them even have a visible ā€œwallā€ underneath.

Oh well, no big deal and must say Iā€™m very impressed overall with the VR experience in MSFS. After spending a couple of hours finding the balance between visuals and performance, I can now enjoy a beautiful virtual world with close to perfect smoothness.

Never saw that before, but yeah thats how I fly Down the ohio river lolā€¦

I like the idea of there being ā€˜someā€™ bridges you can fly under but would object to the ability to be able to tell which ones. I would also like the idea of instead of the screen fading to black when you guess wrong, to see instead the image of a tranquil and pastoral farm fill the screen and ā€˜congratulations on your recent purchaseā€™ in flowing script and a bit of harp musicā€¦

ItĀ“s nearly every bridge which is higher than 30mā€¦ where to start counting?!
Firstly, may take the Golden Gate. Or Brooklyn Bridge. Oh, what about the several bridges near Annapolis ? Or what about Bridges in France, Germany, England or China?

This is a systemaical failure, you should try on your own.

1 Like

Its all fake! The landscape is completely fake. I wanted to go a bit crazy and fly under bridges today, but sure, they didnā€™t really think that people would try something unimaginable like that, right? Crashed into invisible wall under a bridge in a training mission. My plane fit just fine in there. Another fun idea is spoiled. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I can only imagine that any gaps, in any architecture will be invisible walls. Will try some other buildings and weird things, but I am already disappointed.