Can't install FS2020 on WIndows 11

I’m unable to install FS onto my PC. I go into the MS app, click on library and click on open. A window then opens saying launching game, this closes and a black window opens for a couple of seconds, then nothing. I don’t even get an error message.

I’ve tried doing it through the xbox app, i’ve repaired and reset the game, the MS app, the xbox app and gaming services. I’ve removed any files and tried again but still the same. I’ve checked the firewall and everything has the relevant permission, but still the same thing.

I am running on Windows 11 and have a I7 12700k CPU and an RTX 3080 GPU.

I don’t have any mods installed.

Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers.

I think your graphics card doesn’t meet minimum requirements of the game.

Whoops. Was meant to be 3080. Edited.

The window is closed like a crash or does the black window stay forever ?

Can you check whether a message is logged within the windows event log ?

Common are Login-Issues or that the Anti-Virus-Tool blocks somewhat, you can try to disable it for a test.

There are also some hints in FAQ:
: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406039624338-All-versions-Loading-issues-Checklist
: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406047066770-All-versions-Stuck-on-a-black-loading-screen

PS: may be the category is not the right one :slight_smile:

The window closes after 2-3 seconds.

I checked the windows event log and this error message appears:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: WwiseLibPCx64P.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60a67fd2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000002a4205
Faulting process ID: 0x6044
Faulting application start time: 0x01d894598adc5816
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\WwiseLibPCx64P.dll
Report ID: 0e699167-1cee-41a8-9722-37e3501d8dd8
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Edit: Turning the firewall off makes no difference.

ups… sounds like the older sound-driver stuff…

One example:

You can easy check whether its sound related : stop the windows audio service and then start the game ( yes, no sound, but if no crash, we have an better idea about the possible cause ).
And… if you have installed somewhat from ASUS which sounds like “sound tools”, or some of these AI noice-cancel-stuff, uninstall and or disable all of these :slight_smile:

You can get additional ideas with
: Search results for 'WwiseLibPCx64P.dll' - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

EDIT: and I forgot…

Have you Razer Software installed and did you use e.g. the Performance Optimizer / Boost setting ?
Razer and in special that setting is known reason for crashs.

1 Like

I do have Razer Software installed, and I did have the Performance Boost activated. I have deactivated it and the game is now installing. Hopefully that is the fix I needed.

Thanks very much for your help. Hopefully it’s plain sailing from here.

1 Like

I found in meanwhile one of the topics about Razer, where a user also created a ticket agains Razer ( so may be you get in near future an update :slight_smile: )

and here with the wise… errror:

1 Like

Topic moved into Community Support.
The Bug Reporting category is for reporting confirmed bugs using the provided template; that can be replicated by the community.

2 Likes