Cant re-install mfs error Error 0x80073d12, 0x80070005

its now Code: 0x87E00017 for the sim
and error code 0x80073d12 for the digital ownerschiss

lol - Deutscher oder Ɩsterreicher? :slight_smile: (German or Austrian)

TedStriker2063 ==> Ɩsi :wink:

Iā€™m currently backing up my Windows and when done will do the Windows repair route while saving my personal data. Earlier in the day I was able to download to all the other drives on my Flight PC but now all error out. Everything Iā€™ve tried so far to day has ended in failure. As much as I hate the thought of it, I may also re install Windows againā€¦but this is crazinessā€¦it shouldnā€™t have to be. Just donā€™t know what else to do. I havenā€™t made any changes to Windows since installing MSFS. Only have a small handfull of addons.

Well, this seems to be working. MSFS is currently downloadingā€¦75GB to go. Even though I am positive I clicked on the upper portion of the UpDate windows window, that which said to leave my personal files alone, It seems it still took out a lot of my Appsā€¦including Google Chrome! Hopefully this will be the last time I have to installā€¦but thatā€™s probably wishful thinking. Thanks for the idea and the nudges to go this routeā€¦as I was very hesitant. Iā€™m sure in some days I will have things hopefully up and running as normal again.

I hope you succeed so the nightmare will be over :wink:

yeah, german, good morning^^

1 Like

resetted the store for the 999th time, resetted the xbox app for 555th timeā€¦

then store tries to dl gaming services again, but fail with 0x8007005 error

slowly this mickysoft schiss gets me very angry!"

seeems that my store wont download anything!

where can i dl the Xbox Beta App?

xbox app shows now 0x1 error

I donā€™t know if youā€™ve seen this, there are steps in this to reset the MSStore cache.
If you havenā€™t already, try following these step by step.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015760660-Download-Installation-issues-Windows-Store-troubleshooting

I hate to say it, but you will not be able to avoid a new installation. Your System is totally messed up.

Still downloading here. You wouldnā€™t believe itā€¦but overnight my PC became stuck in Pause mode??? After Googling I found information that said if this happens, to reboot PC and restart the download. It worked thankfully and have approximately 10GB left. Good Lordā€¦what is next? Still havenā€™t even begun to replace the removed Apps. Iā€™m curious though, I wonder if this re install will include the latest February Updates.

IronBlader, sadly you will probably have to go down the same path I took. Make an image or a backup of your Windows Drive and bite the bullet. I tried everything posted here and nothing worked except the Windows reinstall/Fix whatever you want to call it. Downloads from the store worked for me right afterwards. I do not believe my Windows was messed up by my doings. I think the previous installation of MSFS caused the issues. Everything else worked fine, as did MSFS when I had it installed on my F Drive apart from not being able to back up my Community Folder on C due to encryption issues imposed by Microsoft/Asobo. Now of course, everything has to be set up again. MSI Afterburner gone as well as my GPU Overclock, TeamViewer gone, Navigraph Link, Active Sky, Cloud Artā€¦Google Chromeā€¦just to name a few. Nothing short of an absolute nightmare. I just hope that this is not all for naught and that I will be able to back up my Community Folder.

I am pretty sure that the error occurred due to the handling of permissions from windows. I believe this is to prevent piracy. Or to make life difficult for us. Who knows :wink:

Probably right concerning piracy stuff. I do understand the need though. Now that I think about it I did play around with sharing and security in the AppData Folder trying to save the Community Folder. So now I am able to backup my community Folder so itā€™s all worth it. Wish I had known when I installed for the first time. The latest update needed to be downloaded and installed. No biggy there. It looks like my settings were all saved on the cloudā€¦so good news there. I do have a lot of work installing the Apps that were removedā€¦but Iā€™ll get thereā€¦in a few days :slight_smile: This will probably be my last post on this unless I am asked a question. Thanks for all your help. Thanks to everyone else who offered suggestions to try, Ironblader, hopefully you manage to get things working again.

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome. Iā€™m glad youā€™ll be back in the air soon. Happy flying!

well, i like to try it some other way:
i have an backup, 1 week old.

now, i had reset my windows, all apps are deleted, but mfs is installed again on my D: drive, where it was before, and now supposed to be again, with the digital ownership.

now i like to recover my backup back to my C: drive.

any one knows, what has to be exported from the registry, and which folders also has to be backuped and then transferred to my new - old system, when the recovery is done?
Thing is, that on my recovery should be some registry entries / folders from the older mfs version!

cause the old mfs worked before.

@SomberButton327 i have probably 100x more apps installed than u -.- over 300GB that installations would cost me several weeks, 8hrs / day!

MSFS doesnā€™t use any registry items at all.
The MS Store and X box do.

well, ok, then any flightsimulator related registry entries?

the windowsapps/flightsimulator 1.13.16****/. folders i think alsoā€¦(which are only links to my D: drive)