Can't see Sim Update 4 (1.16.2.0) in MS Store - how to ("force") update?

I cannot update my game to Sim Update 4 because it doesn’t show up in the store (nor when I just start the game).

Even when I explicitly search for updates in the Store, the MSFS update doesn’t show up at all (but other updates (e.g. something Cortana) do and even download successfully).

How can I update my product?

While it continues to work just fine, I would really like to get the latest update. (Most importantly, because LIVE weather is broken and my region is now stuck in constant, depressing rain, and I cannot change away from LIVE weather because of another bug that makes MSFS crash to desktop (CTD when clicking on "World Map" to start a flight because of weather preset: How to reset weather preset to default?).)

BTW, I also suffer from the problem of updating “Gaming Services” which now comes up every time there is an update of Gaming Services, and which I am only able to circumvent by applying a workaround over and over again (Unable to launch FS2020 ---> Store - #13 by QuickNiq). I don’t know if this may be related to the Sim Update problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
no

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
no

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
no

I found a solution myself through a series of registry-hacking, Win 10 settings, and hours of googeling.

What a mess of a product!

I’m not sure if this helps, but I sort of had the same problem when I went to the store. However, when I tried launching the game from the store directly (so not from the desktop), it started updating first.