Can't start the simulator anymore

Today I played for about 3 hours, everything was okay
Later when I wanted to fly again, the simulator CTD before I reach the main menu
I tried with the Community folder, empty, no luck
Any advices, guys? I have the Microsoft Store version
Reinstalling everything would be the last thing I want
Thank you

Try unplugging all your controllers etc… maybe something is freezing up in the USB. After a clean start try replugging them one at a time.

I assume you’ve already tried a reboot?

But if that doesn’t work, I’m afraid it could be a reinstall, since typically clearing the community folder is the other big fix, and you already tried that.

You might look up the codes thrown in the CTD in your event viewer, sometimes you can find hints in there… Thermal issues, memory, etc.

That’s all I have in the Event Viewer

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60c0b1e3
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60c0b1e3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001a6d42c
Faulting process id: 0x588
Faulting application start time: 0x01d780d0d717f32f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.17.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.17.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 71d2cb07-4fb4-4ee3-b941-96fd0cc992ec
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.17.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Maybe this post will help…

Regards
Steve

Whenever I have a Windows CTD or bluescreen, I immediately run the windows system file checker command at the command prompt. Open the command prompt window as administrator and type:
sfc /scannow
and wait till it is finished the scan, it will tell you if any Windows files were corrupted.

Topic moved into #bugs-and-issues:ctds

What usually works for me is to go to add/remove programs, find MSFS2020 and click the “repair” option (and NOT reset). Might be worth a try,

I tried everything possible, didn’t work
Did a reinstall and so far, everything runs fine
Thank you

I’m having problems getting past the loading screen it gets to a point where it shows “new scenery” and crashes and shuts off

since April ?

Like the other users it do, please show us the message from Windows Event Viewer and may be some basic system specs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.