Captain Sim B777-300ER on Xbox: is it worth it?

Now that the 777-300ER is available on Xbox I’d like to ask for your opinion. Is this an aircraft worth buying? For one, it’s less expensive than the dreaded 777-200, and seeing some videos it at least doesn’t use the 747’s systems. Maybe it’s a 787 clone? I’ve heard that the -300ER is somewhat better than the -200, and since I’d really like to have a new airliner, I’m happy to see this finally arrive on the Xbox marketplace. Or am I? What’s your experience with this aircraft?

Obviously, I don’t look for a “study level” product. If it’s flyable and enjoyable and its base systems work (navigation, autopilot), so as long as it’s on the level of the default aircraft, I’m fine with it. But only in that case. Since all reviews I find are several months old, I’d like to know in what state the aircraft currently is. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

On PC, there are several mods you can use to make the plane acceptable and different enough from the 747. It’s worth it at 20 bucks.

But as this is on Xbox and you can’t modify it in any way, it is not since it’s just a reskin of the 747. It uses the exact same systems, weights, performance as the 747 and their 777-200

1 Like

Personally I would avoid any frankenplanes on the XBox, as there is no possibility that the community can fix them up.

7 Likes

according to another thread, the plane is sold without liveries on the Xbox, so beware.

2 Likes

It’s using the 747 systems as well. Its just like the 200ER but streched. I’d avoid CaptainScam

5 Likes

In a video I saw it only displays two engines that’s why I assumed it didn’t use the 747 systems. :grimacing: Thank you for the heads-up, I won’t buy this then. What a joke.

the upper display shows 2 engines, lower displays shows all 4 and the FMC says 747-8i, thats what i meant :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

With the avionics blackout issue I would hold on these planes until the issue gets fixed

2 Likes

no it doesn’t worth it. stay away from it no matter what

4 Likes

It’s lazy, apathetic garbage in my view. Avoid, and spend 20 quid on something brilliantly made, like the spitfire.

3 Likes

aircraft problem!!

1 Like

I’d hold off on it indefinitely, it looks awful.

1 Like

Don’t buy this ■■■■ or he will never stop

Oh yes, how “fantastic”! :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks for sharing. I’ll stay away from this.

1 Like

The 777-200ER was unsatisfactory and this will undoubtedly be too.

Doubt we’ll ever get any real study-level airliners on Xbox??

2 Likes

It’s not like there are any study level airliners released (and I mean released as finished versions) on PC either.

I don’t want study-level anything. But I expect something I buy to be properly functional, at least on the level of the default airliners. But these are scam, not real products. There is literally not a single proper airliner in the marketplace, only low-quality content that I wouldn’t even download for free.

5 Likes

So I’m the owner of the 777-200, so should keep away from buying the 300? It is a more reasonable £16.

This was supposed to be a free update to the 200, but Captain Slime decided to package it separately and sell it for $20. I think that says it all…

1 Like

OMG! People are giving this thing 5 star reviews. It literally lists the free liveries that other people created, and are only available on PC, as a feature in the Xbox marketplace.

This is a new low. Shame on Asobo/MS for actively encouraging this behavior by putting this aircraft on the marketplace. At least edit the description so you are not falsely advertising the work of other people as a “feature” when it isn’t even available to Xbox players. I seriously have to ask if MS and the devs are purposely trying to insult their Xbox community at this point.

5 Likes