Captain Sim releases 777ER for MSFS

Did I miss another announcement? It uses the 747 gauges but for $30 USD I am in!

1 Like

Take a look at THAT, eh?

11 Likes

How detailed is this?

If it’s anything like their previous P3D work, it’s VERY detailed. Not quite PMDG, but not a slouch. This seems suspiciously cheap for $29. Most of their stuff goes for 60-100. Downloading right now.

7 Likes

Please let me know? I will insta buy if it is more advanced than say the default 787. Why is the info so lacking on their site? I had all their add-ons for FSX. Lets see.

Have been dying for a long hauler in MSFS that is not the default.

1 Like

I am about to fire it up… Pics and review up shortly. It will be brief for now. It’s late. Tomorrow I will do a long flight.

5 Likes

The site says:

Essential functionality paired with default 747 systems simulation

I got excited till I read the functionality paired with the 747. I don’t think it’ll have working LNAV VNAV etc. Basically a nicely modelled 777 to fly around msfs would be my guess, doubt the systems will be any good, especially at the price.

I hope I am wrong, and they did more and used the WT Flight Plan manager etc.

1 Like

If it is basically the default 747 hemmed into a 777 then no buy. I bought the 737Max and at first it was great, it worked so well, but since then its become a turkey., Captain sim are heavy weight dev’s I hope this isn’t the shape of things to come. I am not being judgemental or putting it down it is just my expectations from these guys are high.

TBH at the price point I cant see the systems getting any better than default, I hope they are done good, but for $29.99 I guess its just a pretty model,

I was very interested in this (new to CaptainSim here as I come from X-Plane), but the description really put me off: from their product page “Essential functionality paired with default 747 systems simulation” - sounds like a 30usd model.
Looking forward to Jeremy’s first impressions.

Some shots to start with. Gonna fly it tomorrow. ADIRU is on, but is inop and won’t align. I am guessing Salty mod conflict. I am gonna save myself the disappointment for another day. It looks good, but I am SHOCKED they did this - I have their 737-200, 757, 767, and Lockheed 1011 on P3D and those are close to study-level. I guess it does show that they don’t take MSFS seriously.

18 Likes

This really is not looking good (systems wise). Thanks for taking one for the team so to speak!

3 Likes

Any wing flex and wing views?

They know folks will buy this just like the 737 MAX.
This is sad.

3 Likes

Apparently, there is wingflex, but I haven’t flown it yet. That’s tomorrow. There is also a fully-modeled passenger cabin but I haven’t figured out how to get there. See you all tomorrow, I will have more screenshots and a fully detailed report. Good night.

I am so disappointed that they were willing to tarnish their good reputation for study-level aircraft by taking advantage of an airliner void in MSFS and putting out this aircraft the way they did. Their P3D stuff is really good, I love flying them. And EVERYTHING works there.

6 Likes

Because they know people will buy this and that’s where the business is at.

Hopefully it will get updates. I am currently buying it right now.

1 Like

■■■■■■■■■■■, if they just released a default 747 reskinned into a 777 then this is a new low indeed. I’ve enjoyed their previous products but my perception of their company might just take a nose dive today…

7 Likes

I’m not going to lie, the screenshots look so nice though.

2 Likes

Did they ever even mention about this being released or being worked on?

Did they just out of the blue released it?

Yes but relying on the default 747 systems means autopilot which won’t work half of the time, and also apparently conflicts with the salty 747 mod (which ironically fixes these issues). I’m not touching it because of that

This seems to be entirely out of the blue - I follow the news well and didn’t see anything at all before that.

2 Likes