Carenado announced Cessna 337 Skymaster

Does it really bother anyone that the tinted windows give the whole landscape a greenish or brownish cast…
I personally hate it, but unfortunately I’m not as much of a computer freak as some people here to be able to change it myself…(this statement was meant to express my admiration)
:+1:

1 Like

Try the new Version of my Clean Glass Mod. I included the Skymaster II now.

Kind Regards
JayDee

8 Likes

Yeah…I had that happen when I purchased the P-38. This plane however won’t even let me click the “Buy and Download” tab. I can’t buy anything.

You know, I probably would have jumped on this one as well… but the Kodiak is so good and with the Twin Otter due out on 19 January it is a case of “too many planes, not enough time!” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

True,

I caved and took my chances with the marketplace (which went well this time) to buy this and I’m glad I did. It handles pleasantly, looks incredible and sounds really nice, very docile when landing as well.

I’ll say though that they could done down the external engine noise a little, it’s a bit too loud for my tastes.

I also really love the prop blur effect they’ve used. It’s got depth and is nice and distinct from the side without being overbearingly dark from the front. Almost as good as what PMDG have achieved with their DC6.

Honestly the upcoming Twotter prop effects don’t look that great in comparison to my eye, they seem a bit too dark and the animations don’t appear smooth (hard to explain, maybe a framerate sync visual anomaly). I really hope it’s one of the things they improve for release.

1 Like

Thanks man :slight_smile: you guys are really awesome…
I’ve already watched a few videos of yours, but I must have missed the one about the clean windows.
Carenado really exaggerated the tinting of the windscreens a bit.
But you also have to install the “Default_Asobo”, without this folder it didn’t work with the “337”.

PS: Meine Tochter heißt “Jaidee” - was übersetzt bedeutet “gutes Herz” :wink: :smiley:

1 Like

*information may be of use to someone.
I downloaded Caranado seneca PA34 and whenever I had it set up to fly (fly now) got a CTD. Everything else was as it should be, any other model flew without any problem, then casting back on previous posts I had read it came back. Carenado models do not like DX12 beta. Went back to DX11 and the Seneca has no problems at all. Took a lot of time and figuring to find that out, have not got the 337 yet, but if anybody has problems that might be the cause.

1 Like

I think this Carenado 337 is fantastic! It easily rivals the Mooney as Carenado’s best offering for MSFS 2020 so far!

This 337 has become one of my favorite GA aircraft in MSFS 2020! Love it! :grinning: :+1:

7 Likes

There is one thing that I have noticed especially in the Skymaster - the missing raytracing feature.
The cockpit panel is illuminated bright, but everything else (the seats the front area of the cabin) is 100% PITCH BLACK with not even the slightest glimpse of a silhouette visible while the cockpit floodlight is shining bright.
Raytracing would indirectly illuminate the seats and the cockpit area just a little bit to make it look realistic :slight_smile:

Carenado made the needle in the front motor oil pressure gauge a little bit off to simulate two instruments a little bit lopsided because the middle strut is missing. I have enhanced these visuals a little bit to add some old charm and flair to the cockpit.

Almost satiesfied with the cockpit - now it´s time to paint a dark crimson red version of the interior for some cozy Night Flier ambience…

By the way: Thanks JD for making a non-tinted version.
After re-texturing the cockpit and gauges for a few days now I have become too lazy to test every single .DDS file and wait 40 minutes again and again and again after every modification until I am in the Flight Sim main menu to test which .DDS file is the glass texture :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The PMDG Cloudmaster crashes to desktop when DX12 beta is activated.

I wonder what Carenado are doing that others aren’t?

Just tried loading the Cessna 337 with DX12 beta chosen from options. Did exactly what the Piper Seneca did. All goes well until the FLY now is selected, then just the instrument panel shows for a split second than CTD. Someone with more expertise than me on computer problems will no doubt be able to solve the problem. On the restart get the option of starting in safe mode, but no need for that. Just going back to DX11 solves the problem, but a pain having to go back to restart after selecting DX11.

I had the same problem. I opened a ticket to Zendesk, and they solved the problem soon.

In the C337 preview videos I can see the instrument panel textures are dark. In my default cockpit the panel’s textures are light. How can I change the panel’s color type?

1 Like

Try a different Livery. Some have different interrior colors.

2 Likes

Thank you! Checked, and I found the “N5JD” livery, it has dark instrument panel!

1 Like

texture.02 (the red Skymaster) and texture.05 (the Skymaster with these beautyful lines and stripes) have a beige cockpit panel with grey seats, and texture.base (which is used for all the other liveries and Community folder liveries not using a 337_GAUGES_ALBD.PNG.DDS file have a dark panel.

To celebrate the finalization of my cockpit overhaul (finally I found these reflections in the cockpit gauge glass showing the wrong original gauge orientation to fix it!) a nice flight over Arizona.

9 Likes

So this morning I squeezed my eyes shut and pinched my nose closed, and took yet one more dive into the Marketplace pool to purchase this aircraft. It is a personal favorite, and from a great period in GA history (late 70’s) back when I got my PPL.

I flew a very short flight from KPRB to KSBP in a marine layer that would absolutely have kept me in the One-Niner Diner drinking coffee at KPRB this morning. But in the sim? Gear up!

I have to say, this will be one I fly frequently. There are certainly things that are not perfect; most have been mentioned already so I won’t list here again. Overall I’d give this one a sold B+ after shooting an almost zero visibility ILS approach to runway 11 @ KSBP this morning. It was really fun!

The textures are really, really nice and the cockpit looks great. The Garmin is a nice addition to the panel, and will make cross-country flying easy. The AP works as expected. Control bindings all worked for me without any glitches.

I’ll fly it “back to base” when I get home from work this afternoon, and maybe even up the Salinas Valley to shoot an approach at KMRY, either around or over the top of the hills. Maybe they’ll give me 28R, which is lots shorter and only 60 feet wide… that’s a fun one! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I did my second flight in the 337 today and noted a beeping sound about 3/4 of the way through the flight. It wasn’t the gear warning. I couldn’t see any warning lights, and everything seemed normal. Has anyone else had that happen?