Carenado announced Cessna 337 Skymaster

What has this to do with MSFS?

1 Like

The spectrum of tolerance in a person can be wide or narrow…
looking for perfection in aircraft releases for flight sim is fine but letting anything that inevitably falls short prevent me from having any fun at all? Sorry.
Sure some developers could do a better job on all aspects of flight sim aircraft modeling.
Sound, instrumentation, 3D accuracy, texturing, fidelity to the original? Lots of ground to cover.
But not for 20-30$ - and please - no carmath.

3 Likes

Ok everyone,

On release day, THE LINE FORMS BEHIND ME! :laughing:

4 Likes

My guess is they were waiting for SU7 before releasing it. They’ve been burned pretty badly by sim updates so far made much worse by the slow update process of the Marketplace. With SU8 looking to be dedicated mainly to bug fixes, this should be a good time to release it.

1 Like

The Cessna 337 is not in the Marketplace yet. Is there any release date for it?

The whole MSFS release pattern doesn’t really fit with how Carenado have worked on previous sims.

Before they’ve tended to release an update or two for a plane and then move onto the next, maybe only revisiting older planes when there’s a major update every few years.

With MSFS (at least at the moment) that just isn’t viable and I suspect they are having to work out how they can balance developing new planes with the resources required to support existing planes (which of course increases with each plane they release)

4 Likes

Excellent observation RealMatch !
No doubt the talented Guy’s and Ladies at Carenado are doing their utmost to bring this lovely Aircraft to to the Sim as we write this.

3 Likes

What I don’t get is that Carenado already has a few models flying in MSFS2020 and I can tell you that the Seneca has no issues so far, so why can they apply the same model design logic to the 337?

They’ve been critiqued for reusing things in their planes before. Basic things like, panel setups. Me, I don’t mind at all. As far as the C337 goes, from the way they talk about it on Facebook, it’s a really special plane to them and might be considered their flagship product for this size plane. I may just be wishful.

From today’s post:

We want to share the last shots of our gorgeous C337 Skymaster, we finished fixing all the pending details after the SU7, it has not been an easy task :sweat_smile:, but we are happy to announce the soon launch through the MSFS2020 Market place, thanks for your patience.

I was hoping for today. But this close to the holidays, I might get a gift card to use for it later.

2 Likes

Don’t they update the store on Tuesdays? Here is hope it will release on the 21st?

Well, Tuesday is my first day off work and my first day back to work is Christmas day so I’m good with a Tuesday Christmas present. Carendo did you hear that???

1 Like

The main Marketplace update I’ve noticed is Thursday evenings, with sim updates on Tuesdays. But like JazzSam says, Aerosoft comes in anytime. I think we get some late releases random days. like things that had a very small issue, who knows. Carenado is Marketplace only. Maybe they can shorten up that whole 4-7 weeks wait time that other Devs deal with.

I hope it releases with the Beta to Live this Tuesday, but I won’t buy till the following weekend. Holding out for that Gift card to use on it :slight_smile:

Well looks like we won’t get a marketplace update this week either. No Skymaster for Christmas :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Sigh. I too was very much hoping it would FINALLY be out by now. They keep teasing and teasing it, with delays every time a new update comes out. I doubt we’ll see it next week either with the holidays.

This is the one thing I’m really looking forward to flying right now. Such a cool, unique aircraft. Really enjoyed their previous versions of it as well.

3 Likes

Ahoy sailors! Here are some more screenshots to tease :wink: look at this nice warm brownish interior.

And of course it will have a WEATHER RADAR :wink: still the only plane available with a functioning weather radar. Well the Carenado Seneca has one too.

2 Likes

Those are about 3 months old from when it was first announced.

still not sure if I’ll buy it.
plane is tempting, but they still havent fixed the Mooney’s perf

their updates after launch are lacking…

1 Like

I’m not too sure if its Carenado’s fault, the Marketplace takes a really long time to update, and it might just be that

1 Like

This is taking ages to release :flushed:

Partially true but Carenado is notorious for sloppy after sales support. Marketplace doesn’t help on top. As much as I would want it I‘m out regarding future Carenado planes. Too expensive with too uncertain of a future. The GPS in my 170B is unreadable, the tablets in all my Carenados are not working correctly.

4 Likes