Carenado announced Cessna 337 Skymaster

If you want a good Cessna Oscar Deuce movie, check out Bat21 if you can find it.

4 Likes

The Mooney M20R is still not fixed but they say they are still working on it

3 Likes

The Seminole patch was just released last night so hopefully it won’t be too much longer.
I don’t have the Mooney so I won’t know when it happens

Really want a 210, but the Skymaster will be a nice substitute. Looking forward to this one!

Hello! No news on the appearance of the Cessna 337 aircraft. When expected? Does anyone have information?

Nothing new on their webpage or Facebook pages. Not sure how much longer I can last!

1 Like

Yes, a 210 - one of my favorite small planes would be fun. Carenado made a decent one in X-Plane so it should be much better in MSFS from what I see of the others. They are not “study level” but for a simple GA piston single, it’s fine.

Maybe they are more focused on fixing their actual aicrafts before bringing a new one

I mean the Mooney isn’t really fixed atm.

When you get it, could you test it for VR-Cockpit Zoom functionality for me? That is a go/no-go decision maker for me because of my disability, but as far as I now know, the Seminole is still the only plane that properly supports VR, even though they’ve been telling me for the better part of a year that “it’s being worked on”.

I would love to have this plane, but I just can’t if that function doesn’t work.

Can’t cause I don’t do VR. :wink:

I will let you know when it’s out but what exactly are you meaning by VR cockpit zoom? Do you mean the right mouse button quick zoom?

Yessir, that’s precisely what I mean. And if you have any other Carenado planes that work right with that, please let me know that as well, as far as I know, the only one that does is the Seminole. Given how many Carenado planes have been released since then that do not do VR properly, I’m starting to think that they got it right on the Seminole purely by mistake, because they seem totally unable (or is it unwilling?) to replicate that success to planes which have come after.

I’ll be sure to let you know. What happens now in Carenado planes when you right click in VR? I currently don’t have any Carendado planes yet but ti works well in all other planes I have, payware and free.

As far as I know, nothing at all.

I had a bought and paid for license for the Mooney and 182, but those went away. (Long story
) So, I know from personal experience before I lost those licenses that is what happens. I’ve been told the same about releases after the Seminole, which works perfectly, and to the best of my current knowledge, it’s no different for any plane except that one outlier. They’ve told me over and over and over again that it’s being worked on, and is coming soon, but the proof is in the pudding, and they’ve been telling me that for a good 6-8 months now and nothing has changed.

Our little exchange inspired me to go back and check
 The last email I have from Carenado support was on March 4th of this year, and read something to the effect of “we’re working on it [VR support], but no ETA yet.”

So I basically replied back and asked if they had been lying to me the whole time, and did they ever intend to make good on what they said 7 months ago. I also reminded them that the reason it’s so important to me is because I’m disabled and can’t bend and stretch myself like a normal person.

I guess we’ll see what, if anything, they have to say.

Have you tried the Junkers? It’s been the best for VR Zoom so far. I can zoom into the co-pilot seat and look out the window. Or even zoom into the co-pilot lower gauges easily too. It’s great. The Seminole is really good, as you mentioned. The P-38L is pretty good at it too.

This Skymaster looks really interesting and just from the pics may be Carenados best yet.

1 Like

New update from today, they say it’s coming soon and to stay tuned. It must be very close!

14 Likes

lol - I’ve been checking their website and their FB page for days
thanks for posting this -

I flew their FSX version of the Mixmaster relentlessly - it has a terrific cockpit, including the lighting

1 Like

In FSX it was also one of the few aircraft with a high fidelity FDE, where the gear drag correctly increased with open gear doors.

4 Likes

After buying an aircraft (DA40) from them for FSX/P3D a few years ago, I immediately found it had a number of serious issues. After promises of updates to fix the issue, I bought the same aircraft to work with X-plane. It had the same issues, which were also promised to be fixed.

They were both abandoned.

(See AVSIM forums
)

So, I made a promise, too. Never to buy another product from Carenado/Alabeo.

Maybe someone has had a better experience.