Carenado announced Cessna 337 Skymaster

im sooo hype for this plane

Amen to that. Iā€™ve already started to empty my hanger because when this is out, it will be all I fly. Was the same way when I was on FSX.

Iā€™m definitely keeping my eye on this, but would anyone know if JustFlight will also do this one since they did one for FSX? (Or any other developer, for that matter?)

Excuse me, I looked at it wrong, itā€™s the same Carenado that just happens to be available to buy on JustFlightā€™s website.

Question remains though: could there be or are any other developers working on the C337?

Funny how Cessna stuck with the 336 and 337 model no.I am sure it relates to its developement cycle ,still not a number that rolls off the tongue like most of the others.
I was always fascinated by the undecarriage and impressed when the wheels retracted.Very clever piece of enginering.

No since FSX times there was only ever one Carenado 337 Skymaster.

But I think the Cessna 310 was made several times by different developers (Milviz, Carenado and I think AccuSim also made one) and the same goes for the Cessna 172.

Yeah Iā€™m aware of that. In fact, Milviz is working on a 310 now. A2A has only confirmed the Comanche 250 and Aerostar so far, but I can see them doing a 172.

There is no A2A 310. At least in P3Dā€¦

FSD has a 337D, 337H, and an O2A package. All-in-all a nice package, and the H model is pressurized. Less ā€œprettyā€ than the Carenado model but more functional (i.e. pressurization system etc.) so thatā€™s the one I racked up hundreds of hours in.

2 Likes

The wait is killing me! Anybody hear anymore on the 337?

From the first screenshots to release it takes usually Carenado over a month and now they are busy fixing their older planes after SU5, I would say we are still at least 2 weeks away from the release.

2 Likes

Those were fixed already - they just havenā€™t been released by ASOBOā€¦

Maybe this Friday?

They usually will put out 2 or 3 teasers before actually release the product.

2 Likes

Unfortunately they havenā€™t released anything new for ages and their last actual product update on Facebook is from 2012 (not counting the single status update of their business hours from 2019)
So I would consider FSD to be dead. :frowning:

1 Like

FSD made great planes. The only issue with FSD was their awful habit of treating paying customers like pirates, and then giving you a sob story when you called them out, and proved (as crazy as that may sound) that you have in fact just bought the Aircraft even though you were in their system!!

6 Likes

Any news about the release ?

Iā€™m afraid not, they are still working on fixing the Mooney

If their Facebook page and the release of the 170B is any indication, itā€™s about 2 months and 3 sets of preview shots from the first post to release.

2 Likes

The plane hasnā€™t even made the Incoming page on the Carenado website yet so I donā€™t think weā€™ll see it for a little while.

I donā€™t ever remember the 170B ever appearing on the Incoming page either. Only place I saw mention of it was on the facebook page and thatā€™s where I got the timeline of about 2 months between announcement and release. Who knows, maybe we will get a surprise soon, at least I hope we do.

Ah this is good to hear! I am really looking forward to the Skymaster!

And I hope they add a black one to to honour Stephen Kings ā€œThe Night Flierā€ (a novel I have never read but only know the movie - even after all these years. ItĀ“s in the Nightmares & Dreamscapes book from 1993.)

1 Like