Carenado announced Cessna 337 Skymaster

But how many passengers can you carry??? :rofl:

Who needs passengers if you have two V12s, two 20mm and one 30mm cannon. :rofl:

3 Likes

Not sure youā€™ll be able to make the most of all of those in MSFSā€¦ :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll settle for the two V12s :slight_smile:

That would make quite a C337.

2 Likes

To be fair, thatā€™s all youā€™d get in MSFSā€¦

1 Like

A bit of history:

Only one Do 335 survives and can be seen in the United States at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in the National Air and Space Museum, alongside other late-war German aircraft like the only surviving example of the Arado Ar 234 Blitz.

Some of the best post war British and U.S. jets were based on German research, and of course the U.S. Space Program owes a great deal to Wernher Von Braun.

2 Likes

Yes I know that plane. It was on loan in Munich for a while, near where it was built. I saw it there as a teenager :slight_smile:

One manā€™s Nazi is another manā€™s asset. Itā€™s easy to flush morals down the drain, when the stakes are high enough. If Wernher von Braun had not been the brilliant engineer he was, he would have landed in prison as a war criminal after the Nuremberg trials.

Sorry ā€¦ off-topic ā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™m awaiting fixes for the rest of their planes. Fix them and Iā€™d consider buying another

6 Likes

why do none of these planes have cupholders, whatā€™s going on?

2 Likes

Is there already a release date? When can I fly it?

1 Like

Also the only one with weather radar so far (unless you pay PMS50 a yearly subscription for the premium version of their GTN750).

1 Like

Not true. Seneca V has one. Also, most of the 3rd party avionics packages have radar.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying, Carenadoā€™s Seneca was the first to have it (one of the things that attracted me to it), and as far as I know no other third party aircraft besides Carenado have it yet.

Yes the Carenado Seneca has her own weather radar, but the Carenado Cessna 337 was never equipped with one. Of course the Seneca is a wonderful plane and also still on my wishlist.

According to a quick search the Bendix Model RDR-160 Stormscope was an option on at least some models of the 1977 era Cessna 337

True, I was referring to Carenado in general, in response to @bearvsbunny saying Carenado was the only third party developer with stressed skin textures. I should have quoted his/her original post, sorry for the confusion.

Hi, what do you mean with ā€œCarenado is the only developer with stressed skin texturesā€?
Do you mean a worn rugged used look on some parts of the plane without looking brandnew?
Well the Fenix Airbus will have a used-look in the cockpit too.
I secretly hope that a brandnew cockpit style will be available too for the Fenix Airbus as bonus, because the Fenix Airbus is absolute awesome but wellā€¦ too worn-out and dirty for my personal taste.
I prefer a brandnew techy space-ship flair and mood inside some hightech cockpits of Boeings and Airbusses and only have small general aviation planes from the seventies and eighties with some wears and tearsā€¦

Itā€™s the uneven surface of the aircraft fuselage you can observe on the first picture, above the Skymaster II logo.
And yes in last weekā€™s q&a Aamir briefly showed us similar effect on their A320. But I think this technique is more important for smaller aircraft because we tend to inspect them closely.

Ah the bumpmap showing the detailled structure of the aluminium hull (or whatever this plane is made off). Thanks for the explaination :slight_smile:

1 Like