Carenado CT182T VR Pilot Position [Solved]

Hello Everyone,

I am not sure if anyone else is having a problem with the Carenado CT182T in VR. My issue is that when I use the plane in VR, my default pilot position is on the floor between the 2 seats looking at my feet. If I reposition the pilot view, Then it will return here if I reset the view. This is very frustrating and Carenado do not appear to want to fix it. This started happening to me after the GOTY update.

I opened several tickets with Carenado, all of which were closed with the response “The issue has been reported to the development team”. Not very helpful. Anyhow, I have figured out, how to fix it. Not very difficult to be honest. You just have to edit the CAMERAS.CFG file for the plane. There are several camera views in the CAMERAS.CFG file. My VR pilot position was view 29. I am not sure if yours will be the same. Just seach for “PilotVR” in the file.

The easiest way to find what to edit it to is to create a custom view and copy that view. Here are my steps:

1. Save a custom view in VR (ALT +SHIFT + #)
  2. Open the CAMERAS.CFG file where your position was saved. For me, the location was:
    “C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_CT182T_Skylane_G1000\cameras.cfg”

You should find the config element. Mine was “[CAMERADEFINITION.0]”

Copy this into the “CAMERAS.CFG” file in the Carenado folder. My folder was:
“C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\carenado-aircraft-ct182t-skylane-g1000\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_CT182T_Skylane_G1000”

You will have to edit a couple of the entries. Here is my new VR position with the edited fields appended at the end.

[CAMERADEFINITION.29]

Title =“PilotVR”
Guid =“{00F928A4-6E0D-45B0-83B9-84A438469679}”
UITitle=“TT:GAME.PANEL_CAMERA_PILOT_VFR”
Description=“”
Origin=“Virtual Cockpit”
Track=“None”
TargetCategory=“None”
ClipMode=“Normal”
SnapPbhAdjust=“None”
PanPbhAdjust=“None”
XyzAdjust=0
ShowAxis=“NO”
AllowZoom=1
InitialZoom=1
SmoothZoomTime=5
BoundingBoxRadius=0.1
ShowWeather=0
CycleHidden=0
CycleHideRadius=0
ShowPanel=0
MomentumEffect=0
ShowLensFlare=0
PanPbhReturn=0
SnapPbhReturn=1
InstancedBased=0
NoSortTitle=0
NodesToHide=“”
Transition=0
SubCategory =“Pilot”
SubCategoryItem =“PilotVR”
InitialXyz= -0.020742, 0.018517, 0.128639
InitialPbh= 0.032679, 7.538031, -1.169376

Edited Fields:
Title =“PilotVR”
UITitle=“TT:GAME.PANEL_CAMERA_PILOT_VFR”
SubCategory =“Pilot”
SubCategoryItem =“PilotVR”

Hope this helps others. Carenado really sucks, I don’t think I’ll purchase anything else from them.

5 Likes

Many thanks. Pilot view now works perfect in VR for the CT182T

Great post fixed my problem. Here are a few things I did.

1. XXXX.29 was my vr pilot view
  2. First I only altered the InitialXyz and the InitialPbh this did not seem to work.
  3. I then noticed the Origin= only read “Cockpit” not “Virtual Cockpit”. I altered this and at the same time
    deselected the plane in the game then reselected it and it worked. I am not sure whether it was the change of origin or the deselecting which activated the change

Thank you very much. It was a pain in the â– â– â– .