Carenado PC-12

I feel it too, for any new plane that is coming out. Not necessarily this one, mind, but certainly for others. It’s difficult to explain to co-workers that I hope my train isn’t late tonight as I have a new plane to fly. :slight_smile:

According to Carenado’s Facebook, they have released it to Microsoft.

1 Like

Then you should pass on the entire and correct information straight away :wink:

Dear friends, we are very happy to inform you that the PC12 project was finished and handed over to Microsoft to be uploaded to the simulator marketplace, Microsoft recently told us that this will happen in the first days of September, we appreciate all the shows of support and understanding setbacks in the development of this project, thank you all very much and we hope you have fun with this wonderful plane!..🙂

First days of September :disappointed:

7 Likes

Well that’s probably going to be Friday the second then. I had some hopes to fly it this Friday just two days before we leave on our holiday. Now i have something to look forward after the holiday to relax and rest (going away on vacation with one baby and one toddler is fun, but not relaxing :relieved:)

1 Like

Oof September :disappointed: I’m excited for this but it’s now the 10 Aug - September feels a looong way away.

Those Marketplace lead times man, they’re killing me.

I kinda knew that most developers that had launches planned for August will find a way to hold till SU10 drops on the 23rd. This, the analog King Air etc…

If they launch a week before the SU10 drops, would make no sense , since they can probably spot some problems and release a version ready to work on SU10 without the need to fix and update the week after.

I’ll believe it anyway only when it’s actually available on the marketplace - whenever - then I’ll buy it :slight_smile:

1 Like

And exactly for this reason - see your list of publications where Carenado is involved - I would not necessarily blame Carenado for the delays, sometimes very late updates of their own products :wink:
I rather suspect that a marriage exists here where at least one partner has nothing to say… if you understand what I mean. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, it’s curious that they didn’t give us any indication that the V-tail was coming. It’s almost as though they’d been burned before by the backlash from saying a plane was almost ready then not being able to deliver it for some time for various reasons.

2 Likes

I don’t see how “They made me wait too long for this aircraft, so I’m going to wait an indeterminate even longer period of time for someone else to make it” hangs together logically, but you do you.

7 Likes

Nothing curious about that since it wasn’t marketed as a Carenado product but a as a Microsoft Famous Flyer.
I’m quite sure that MS strictly forbid them to say anything about it. It was supposed to be a surprise (and it obviously was)

3 Likes

Please stay on topic. This is about the Carenado PC-12.

For the “Famous Flyer III” - Bonanza V35:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/official-discussion-famous-flyer-iii-beechcraft-bonanza-v35/537236

2 Likes

On the Carenado side, the PC-12 has disappeared! Is that a good sign or a bad one? :wink:

1 Like

Nope, still there - Incoming – Carenado

I think he meant from the homepage

Well, it’s Thursday and it’s September so, maybe today.

Excited for this one, but it disappearing from the homepage is not a great sign - if it was indeed coming out today, surely Carenado would want to put that plane up front and centre, not tucked away in the ‘Incoming’ section…

I hope it comes today, but I think it won’t. In fact, if I were an addon maker, I’d be waiting till after SU10 is released.

I’ll be watching that Community/Marketplace Update blog later today like a hawk!

If they are going to release it this week it’s going to be tomorrow and it will probably show up in the dev update tomorrow morning (i live in Europe). Removing the coming soon banner might be a good sign even, but i have to agree with you that a release after su10 makes more sense from a technical standpoint.

Grt M

according to previous posts the plane was sent to Microsoft over 2 weeks ago, also SU10 hasn’t had any impact on 3rd party aircraft as far as I can see, so I don’t think SU10 will have an impact on the PC-12 release

PC-12 is now available :grinning:

5 Likes