Carenado PC-12

Did as you suggested for the FPS. Took off and tuned the ILS freq for the runway and the stutter started (no drop in FPS, but fluctuations between 30-45) and I see “Limited by Thread message. Once I change the NAV freq to other than ILS ferq the stutter disappears and FPS is locked on 50.

Maybe, but I can only say that on the last flight with the PC-12 the FPS never went below 60, not even on the ground before take-off and on landing at the destination airport. In the air it was the usual 80 FPS. But I still have to test it, 1 flight is not enough! I don’t have time to do any more flights until 2 hours from now.

I should have mentioned that in some cases you need to change the firmware on the GPU as well. The 3090 for example has a resizeable-BAR firmware.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5165/~/nvidia-resizable-bar-firmware-update-tool

I can only speculate on why you are seeing a difference, but as I say my understanding is that if MSFS has not been written to accommodate this, then you may find with more flights under your belt it could be placebo.

Of course, it also depends on which area you are flying in, as far as I have noticed - so a few more flights are necessary. But what I can say with certainty: I have never had such a smooth flight as after the change in the bios - certainly not placebo :wink:

1 Like

Yeh i still see a drop closer i get to approach (from 50 down to 30s/40s), and it jumps around a fair bit, but doesnt end up in a single digit slide show 30 min in any more, and i can do 3-4 hour flights, as mentioned still needs fixing but bit better now :wink:

1 Like

Just so we are clear: All of you are reporting these issues to Carenado directly, yes?

I am sure they read this forum. If they don’t there is no hope lol

I tried this as well but the slide show and the frame drop below 10 starts again after30-40 minute flight

Yes, although, as mentioned further up, at least 5 people reported it early on, and they told us all that we were the first ones to report it

really? with Avidyne completely powered off? i guess my systems pretty extreme (10900k, 64gb, 3090), so maybe just reduces it enough that i dont notice. from wat i can tell the Avidyne creates too much load on the main thread, which then bottle necks the gpu, hence low fps. Also as the airport data etc populates, fills up memory too (usually start at say 13gb and finish at 25gb)

I reported it as well

Can anybody tell me how to realign these please? I thought that they should be slaved to an RMI or something. I deleted the a/c in the Content Manager and re-installed it. Still got exactly the same result. Is anybody else seeing this?

Screenshot 2022-09-15 181143

Just get a mail from Carenado after my report regarding frame rate problems. They work on a new version which should be released soon.
So let’s see if they do their homework

7 Likes

And let’s hope they’ll also have a look at the performance

no question, the PC-12 needs a proper update! BUT, we users are to blame for many of the problems.
Why am I writing this now?

1. because I assume that the developers/testers always have their PCs up to date regarding BIOS, drivers, etc…
  2. because today, after I had activated the Re-Size BAR yesterday and the performance was indeed generally better, I also updated the Bios (v4403) of the motherboard (ROG STRix X570-E Gaming) and a few drivers from the motherboard.
    And lo and behold - I just completed the first flight without a single jerk. At the destination airport, there were even about 10 planes on the ground and in the air - nothing - buttery smooth approach and landing…

Think about it :slight_smile:

I actually wanted to mention that too - from the Asus side:
ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING BIOS 4403
"1. update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.7.
2. Fix AMD fTPM issue causes random stuttering.

I had previously installed bios version 4204.

1 Like

I meant the performance and other inconsitencies of the plane itself.
Most people using SU10 have reported that the bad performance FPS-wise most likely will be a thing of the past with SU10.

On the BIOS update:
Good for you, I have no new update for my board and leave Re-Size BAR off therefore.
But in general a game - and especially a DLC - shouldn’t be reliant on a more or less obscure setting in the BIOS, which many simmers might not even be familiar with. I would estimate the majority of computer users don’t even know what a BIOS is.

3 Likes

Well, I’d say the average simmer is a bit more tech-savvy, but I totally agree with your point. I think the majority is quite reluctant to mess about in BIOS. I certainly don’t want to fiddle with these settings for every add-on I get. And updating the BIOS is not something you do for fun. Last time I did it, I was sweating blood and hoping nothing goes wrong.

1 Like

Were you able to identify the conditions to have IAS to work? I can’t have it enabled

Sorry no. I regret to say I’ve given up on the plane for now.

It’s got too many problems I can’t live with, especially a persistent FPS slowdown after about 30 mins flying.

I’ll get back to it once Carenado decides to grace us with a few updates …

2 Likes

Same here mine is grounded for now.