Second flight:
Trip time 1 hr 15 min.
Flight time: 1 hr.
On the ground - not below 60 FPS
In flight - 80-90 FPS
Approach - not below 60 FPS
Everything smooth as an eel - wonderful :wink:
Not a single stutter/jerk!!!

So really, a bios update is now not much different than a driver update :wink: - you just have to open your eyes, read and install the right bios :slight_smile:
I do this regularly, but I overlooked the last version or forgot to check again :frowning:
Keeping your system up to date (including the bios) has nothing to do with any software or additional devices, but rather that the entire system simply runs properly! No more and no less! And if something doesn’t run properly, it usually has to do with little things like that.

3 Likes

Disagree on the BIOS and my eyes are pretty open and honest here. Since my BIOS is updated and I still had problems it could be only one other thing besides carenado: mods.

More than likely, Carenado didn’t bother checking other planes, mods, scenery with their plane.
After I uninstalled the Working Title NXi all of my problems went away. I also installed the JayDee mod as well.

Maybe everyone should try that and see if it fixes the battery failure or issues with the avionics. I used the Premium PMS50 GNS750 initially (that’s built into the aircraft when selected), then I installed the JayDee 750 mod that allows the 650 underneath (which I love this set up). After installing his mod and uninstalling the Nxi mod (from content manager) my battery still draws off a lot but the avionics do not die at least.
FPS has improved as well. I love having that Avidyne for weather or traffic, the 650 for waypoints and the main 750 there. Love it!

2 Likes

Maybe somebody can help me. How do i change the vertical speed on the auto pilot? I can set altitude but not vertical speed.

Push on the same button and you can set it. Then engage & arm it

1 Like

I’ve pushed it plenty of times. No luck.

Did you ever get this sorted out?

Yes. You need to go into the options menu - assistance options and change the flight model from locked to legacy

1 Like

see my post - i replied to topic…

1 Like

Oh wow it works thank you. :blush:

I do hope they fix this plane because its a nice looking plane.

30mins in to a flight though in VR I go from 40-45 FPS to single digits everytime. Switch back to Monitor and its the same low FPS. Very disappointing as can do the same flight in every other plane with no issues. Please fix this Carenado

1 Like

After 6 flights I can say that the bios update did the trick…
Not a single stutter on any of the flights!
At large airports: 30-40 fps
Medium and small airports: 60 fps
In flight: 80-90 fps

However, it is true that when the ILS is activated, the fps drops by approx. 10% and stuttering also occurs when looking around with TrackIR - this should not be the case!!!
In visual flight with flight plan excellent performance!
ILS flight disaster!

1 Like

I am pretty happy now. Had my first good flight with mine last night. Its good enough to fly for me now.

1 Like

Sounds good but to be honest this cant be the right way to get an aircraft usable that we need to update the Bios, turn off Avidyne etc…

4 Likes
  1. I don’t have to turn anything off and almost all settings are on Ultra.
  2. Keeping your system up to date has nothing to do with any simulators or add-ons, I normally do that automatically…and that is also the reason why I simply don’t have many of the problems that are constantly cited.

But that’s everyone’s own business :wink:

I’m on an outdated Nvidia driver and Bios and the plane runs fine on long trips. No stutter and no FPS loss whatsoever even in VR.

1 Like

I am sorry but not everyone agrees with you. My BIOS is most certainly updated and none of this made a difference.
Nxi from working title uninstall did the trick

I’m on the latest SU 10 beta and did a test these days. I disabled Game Mode in Windows and flew again.
The result was:

OFF: 24-30 fps in VR
ON: 38-60 fps in VR

I really don’t know if they changed the code in SU 10 to better use multithreading or if the online servers sometimes bring these bad performance numbers, but i really saw a difference this time.

It doesn’t matter that not everyone shares my opinion. :slight_smile:
Basically, I just wanted to share with the community what has completely eliminated my stuttering and also caused a performance boost :wink:
Everyone can do what they want with this information :wink:
And if people don’t believe this information, that’s fine with me, or let’s say “I don’t really care”. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Had a 2 hour flight last night. No lagging. Perfect. I love this plane now.

1 Like

Had a 1 hour flight today, no lagging but i hate the ground handling and my feet hurt because of all the braking! :rofl:

1 Like