Carenado PC-12

That’s good for you but some of us already had our BIOS updated so this doesn’t pertain to us.

How much pressure do you put on those pedals :rofl: :rofl:

I fly out of small airports or strips. Not much taxiing in Africa. :sweat_smile:

So according to you, users should not share their experiences just because they happen not to apply to you and some others.
My attitude is different: "if only one user of this forum has been able to eliminate certain problems, sharing my experience has already been worthwhile for me!
But of course everyone has their own opinion on that :wink:

2 Likes

well, it was darn windy today, so i had to nearly use full rudder + brakes all the time.
I made a video, might render it tomorrow :wink:

1 Like

Happily cruising the Namibian skies.

2 Likes
1 Like

which I don’t understand now! Why don’t you switch on Gen. 1&2? That’s what you do before the Aivionics :wink: immediately after starting the engine. You can also clearly see the true lights that are constantly on… - Of course, the battery doesn’t survive this for long :wink:

1 Like

haha, :rofl: i switched them on after take off, forgot to do so :slight_smile: As i cut the video from over 50min to 24 you didn’t see it

You know, when you record something you ALWAYS forget something :upside_down_face:
I had to start the record 5 times, 2 times the cat came over me so i had to stop.

Anyone having huge fps drops/lags on approach? I think i found whats cause it… its something to do with that approach itself. Maybe navigraph waypoints or something is bugged. For me fps drops starts at that very moment when my approach starts, and when i delete my flightplan fps is back on normal.

one more tip: after booting all systems :wink: once Stby.Bat. off - on and the correct Amp are displayed…
I always do this at the runway breakpoint.
Unfortunately this is still the case at the moment, needs an update :slight_smile:

Is there a way to set the TDS GTNXi as the default panel in the PC-12?

Yes, either the PMS GTN750 or the TDS GTN750xi can be set as the default by adding a line of code to the .FLT files as outlined in THIS POST shared by user Cygnifick which was posted quite a ways back in this thread.

Be advised though, the string of code in that post only works for making the PMS GTN750 the default. To make the TDS unit the default, add these lines to the LocalVars.0 section of the PC-12 FLT files instead:

AS530_HIDDEN=1
GTN750XI_INT_HIDDEN=0

That worked for me. To cover all boot scenarios, I’ve added that to all my PC-12 FLT files (i.e. approach, apron, climb, cruise, final, hangar, runway, & taxi) and it now loads the TDS by default.

Here’s how it should look when you’re done:

Carenado-PC-12-TDS-as-Default-Code

Remember, don’t alter any other lines of code already in the LocalVars.0 section (usually there’s only 1 or 2 lines, depending on the type of FLT file), just leave them be. Just ADD the two pertinent lines at the end (as illustrated above) and you should be good to go.

7 Likes

Tried some STOLs out of Cat Cay MYCC.
Barely got enough speed and lift to clear the runway and was almost fish food.:joy:
I hope they patch this one for more torque.

Engine power is realistic allready, pc12/47 need 800m runway ( max tow) to takeoff. Mycc is 335m runway.

EDIT: I tested it myself with 4 passengers with some luggage, no drama here Microsoft Flight Simulator Carenado PC-12 MYCC - YouTube

2 Likes

I also really hope that the power and the flight model will not be tampered with too much in an update.

2 Likes

That worked. Thank you.

You have to set the Altitude, then press the V/S button (labelled ENG for memory, with vs on side), then goto the INNER dial on the right of the screen (alt is adjusted on outer dial), wait till the arrow changes to finger, click the button, now adjust FPM up and down (theres a small arrow on left of screen saying whether its FPM up or down), and make sure it says ARM too, hope this helps :slight_smile:

For those who haven’t figured it out yet:
you can make your own cockpit camera where you stand in front of the aircraft at the cockpit door. You can then click on the door at the top left and open the cockpit door from the outside :slight_smile:
I’ve been wanting to try this out for days, but unfortunately I’ve always forgotten :wink:

Hello. I would like to share with you a problem that I have been experiencing since buying the pc-12 on xbox. No gauge, pressure or amount of fuel, or even ITT appear. Even when pressing the “test” button, no gauge appears. I don’t feel like the problem is recurring for everyone but it’s blocking for me. Do you have a solution? I would like to point out that the engine and the procedures were followed. It’s really a display-only issue. Thank you.

1 Like

Problem was solved thank you. I had to select legacy controls.

1 Like