Carenado PC-12

Odd. I am not getting that. In short take off you need flaps 30 and trim set properly. This has a lot of power per the manual. I am flying in mostly short fields on this…

1 Like

No, they need that over a 50ft obstacle (i e. a 5-storey building). That’s a huge difference. In St Barts the Tradewind PC12s often take off within 2/3 of the runway, which is about 650m long.

2 Likes

Flown this beauty up the African West coast now in Spain. Enjoying the model very much.

1 Like

But what is the takeoff weight on that tradewing ? Just what i tested in that video, carenado pc12 can takeoff from under 400m runway if not at full TOW.

1 Like

Just tested MYCC with a cross wind. Took off with runway to spare. Easy.

1 Like

I do not have the carenado pc12 and I’m not disputing that changing to legacy flight model fixes the issue. I have no way of knowing. What I would caution you on though is that this is almost certainly not intended. Carenado are not designing planes to need the legacy flight model and using it will almost certainly break other things in this aircraft and certainly on other aircraft if you forget to change it back.

Legacy mode is for lazily converted fsx planes only and frankly most people think it shouldn’t even be there in the sim especially since its having options to select while modern has none can give a false idea that it is better.

Apparently the PC-12’s anemometer is reading 7% lower than the actual MSFS IAS variable.
So we are going faster than what the PC-12 instrument panel is actually reading.

I’ve noticed it.

Tradewind is a commerial airline. I doubt they fly empty very often. Probably don’t fly with full fuel tanks from St. Barts though.

In any case a friend of mine actually flies a PC12 and he also says the performance is off

1 Like

just updated to SU10 did they pull the PC12 from the store?

Just did a small flight with the PC-12 SU10. It still works. :sweat_smile:

It is still available here

1 Like

Oh wow, not in my content manager anymore or in the store , I wonder why… in the process of a restart to confirm

I get slight blurry screens specially on GTN with SU10

I have noticed this aswell. Numbers are very blurry on the egine panel.

My FPS tanks after about 1 hour of flight time now. Didn’t happen before. Before, my avionics would die probably as a result of the nxi mod or something else.
Now I can’t even fly it.

1 Like

Yep, so last week when I was on SU10 beta (Series X) that’s how everything looked, few days ago I swapped backed to Live version and everything worked fine, minus the horrible FPS (SU9)

Now that SU10 is live, back to not having any gauges. But with better FPS and performance on the Series X

I’ve wiped rolling cache a few times.
Uninstalled the plane/reinstalled
Very much over this plane and it’s problems.

It’s just the way it’s going to be till they fix the Xbox version. Unfortunately.

The PC-12 works perfectly and can be flown without any problems…
FPS not below 50 are stable no matter whether DX12+DLSS or DX11+TSAA - graphics settings in the sim almost everything on Ultra!!!
The only thing that happened under DX12+DLSS is that the propellers on the planes at the airport are pink :slight_smile:
But that will also be history when the new Nvidia driver comes.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

It does not work perfectly. For example: the IAS displayed is 10kts lower than the actual simulator IAS - causing constant overspeed warnings in Neofly. And this is just one of many bugs. It flys, but thats about it.

3 Likes

yes :wink: but that’s not what I’m talking about :beers: