Carenado Piper Arrow for MSFS to be released imminently

Are you sure about the CRJ? Where did that information come from?

I read somewhere aerosoft have said when you start seeing people review the aircraft you can expect the launch within a week

2 Likes

carenado is always lacking in things, so i wait for the jf one.
but good we have options.

I wonder which is more a study level simulation, if Just Flight or Carenado one. Or what type of aircrafts makes Just Flight, as I own several from Carenado and already know the level of detail I can expect.

Isnā€™t that the truth?

Study level is not really a thing, it is just a term people use to feel warm and fuzzy about their purchases. For one person it means a super accurate and ā€œrealisticā€ flight model, for someone else it means modelling systems all the way down to the electrical drain when a bulb in the seat belt light blows. Sort of a meaningless marketing term really though I am sure people will argue for hours about what it ā€œreallyā€ means if you give them half a chance.

If past history is anything to judge by:

• the Carenado will be visually spectacular but may have a few things overlooked or buggy

• the Just Flight will be better sorted and better tested in terms of Flight Model and have some interesting extra features - but may not necessarily look quite as good

But it remains to be seen, we will just have to wait and see :smiley: it is a new sim anything is possible.

7 Likes

carenado has never been good with systems simulationā€¦just wait on the jf one, and then
first always watch reviews before making any purchase.
carenado is also quite slow with bugfixing, its for the casual market only, nothing wrong
with that tho.

1 Like

EdamllamaB

Good morning. Iā€™ve had about 42 years now in simming, from a Digital Equipment VT-100 attached to a supercomputer of some sort at Purdue (circa. 1977 to todayā€™s MSFS. From my perspective, the term ā€œstudy-levelā€ was user-invented and not corporate-invented. I think of it as airplace nirvinah. The term is a continuum of course. Operational procedure completeness, emergency handling, cockpit look and feel compared to the real thing, animations, behavior in different environments, etc., etc., etc. I guess I see PMDG so far as an ā€œas close as it getsā€ type of thing. Different strokes for differenct folks. One example of something not related to study-level, IMHO, would be how good water looks on the ground. Maybe a seperate thread on this question would be fun.

3 Likes

I guess this will be more popular. Justflight one is lower quality. I hope they will price it like their other products and put it on sale soon.

Just Flight isnā€™t lower qualityā€¦

5 Likes

The general feeling is the textures and modeling by Just Flight is lower quality, the feeling inside the cockpit. Of course, overall quality is a matter of subjective opinion.

The JustFlight Turbo Arrow III and IV will be great (from what I know so far). I did my commercial and CFI in the Turbo Arrow IV and after reading the details of the airplane on their site, it appears they have put lots of work into it covering the minor details as well and it will be very close to the real thing. Weā€™ll find out in a few weeks.

I havenā€™t had a JustFlight plane before. But in this case - comparing the screenshots with my experiences from the Mooney and the Seminole, I expect the JustFlight to be on par with Carenadoā€™s quality. Since JustFlight chose to use the older cockpit version from the 70s and 80s instead of the almost 1:1 copy of the Seminoleā€™s cockpit from the early 2000s, the JustFlight version actually looks even more detailed and ā€œrealā€ on the screenshots. Weā€™ll see. Iā€™ll favour the Turbo Arrow, since I donā€™t have a turbocharged plane yet - I think it will be only be the second after the Trinidad anyway.

1 Like

I have owned many Just Flight planes before in FSX, including their Warrior. Iā€™ve flown the Warrior quite a bit in FSX, and I fly them in real life. I find I just didnā€™t fly the JustFlight planes as often as others. So, Iā€™m on the side that Carenado is generally better quality than the Just Flight, definitely in texture quality, that ā€œfeelā€ of sitting in the cockpit. Flight model and systems, eh, I havenā€™t been a super fan of either, theyā€™re not A2A. Butā€¦ theyā€™ll do, I didnā€™t not ever fly them. To this point, however, I flew Carenado aircraft more often than JustFlight.

That isnā€™t going to stop me from purchasing the JustFlight product. I always have hope any given developer will put more effort into newer versions of stuff theyā€™ve released before. Plus, it wasnā€™t awful. I just have more fun flying Carenado stuff.

Personally, Iā€™m not a fan of the high-tail Piper planes, and, I probably wonā€™t ever own a turbo anything (so I donā€™t care so much about the Arrow IV). And itā€™s more likely Iā€™ll own something more akin to the Arrow III than a later model. So while I like Carenado products, Iā€™ll probably fly the Arrow III more. I owned a share in a '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger for a long time, so Iā€™ll feel totally comfortable in the Arrow III cockpit. So I am very much looking forward to the Arrow III.

(Iā€™m in the process of purchasing a plane nowā€¦ what? Thatā€™s still up in the air based on price and availability and state of repair).

2 Likes

The 182 is turbocharged if you own that.

2 Likes

Right. Forgot about the 182. Donā€™t have it myself.

I also am looking forward to the JustFlight version. It is the old panel that does it for me. I used to fly a 180 HP Warrior with a constant speed prop. The panel was close to this. Will you be using your repainting skills on the aircraft?

Probably wonā€™t be able to help but do soā€¦ sigh :wink:

You know you will get both. We know you will get both. Like James Bond your reputation precedes you good sir!

2 Likes

Google ā€œC-GOCHā€ - that was the Warrior I flew back in 1994. A Scotsman flying OCHā€¦

1 Like