Carenado

Just stop buying addons until the sim has had time to ‘settle down’
Easy!

1 Like

Take a breath, bro. It will get worked out.

2 Likes

Wow. Don’t expect people to attempt to help you in the future if you keep up with attitudes like yours. Treat others as though YOU want to be treated. Do I have to spoon feed that to you anymore than necessary?

4 Likes

I second that…

3 Likes

So I have something called SVS from carenado G1000 planes synthetic vision. Ok this worked in P3D 4.5 and I went to 5.1 and it stopped working. So I wrote a pretty detailed report and sent it to them. I got a email back that it was sent (automated) and the next couple days they got back to me. The ticket messages went back and forth a few days.

The reason I say all this is when a core program in this case msfs 2020 has a update and a addon breaks like a plane, a update will come. It might be a while. There is a lot going on, Covid, new flight simulator now so when xplane, p3d, or msfs 2020 has updates, they have a full plate. So if a plane is not working anymore, I will put it in the hanger and fly something else until a update comes.

I need to send more information to Carenado on my SvS issue what they requested and I will ask them on Msfs 2020 the best way to report issues on planes made for Msfs 2020 and and see what they say. The only plane I have for fs 2020 is the C182 because I am setup for glass display in my cockpit. Like you said it is working well.

1 Like

I would never ask for help on this forum… Asking means you got a problem, when you highlight a problem you get nothing but a bunch a fan boys trying to shut you down.

My original post:

Aside from the Skylane all my Carenado planes have issues since todays update.

Moony isnt fixed, now the Autopilot Alt selector causes a CTD
The Pa44 EGT Gauge does not work at all for me.

Is any of this getting fixed?

I did not ask for help, I asked if any one knows if this stuff is getting fixed, because I am getting no where with the Dev.

But what did I get? a bunch of Captain obvious answers and abuse! So no, I would not ask for help on this forum ever.

Update from Carenado here:

Had to laugh at the ‘Asobo won’t be uploading the patch because of the holidays’ - what a joke! Just saw that Asobo managed to break VOR beacons as well.

I really think Asobo need to drop this two week Agile release cr@p, and only release new patches when they’ve actually been fully tested by both themselves and their partners.

1 Like

Based on this as I have originally said THIS IS ALSO ASOBOS PROBLEM!!! They are not releasing the patches, so yeah all you mighty defenders of ASOBO, It is for ASOBO to sort out too. And as I also said, I suspect ASOBO are breaking the planes, hence why they wont step in to it. ASOBO are actually creating issues for Carendo, they should just sell via the OrbX platform then they can update whenever.

So thanks for all the abuse, but your overzealous defending and shutting people down is uncalled for. What a great community we have here!!

What a mess.

1 Like

If you want addons without probles then maybe stop buying them day one? Wait for a few months or even more until they are fixed, read reviews before buying or something. I’m holding off from buying anything so far and just observing the developers and trying to find the ones who put most effort into fixing things.

But, they did try to help you. Then you got defensive. I’m sorry you did not get the response you wanted from Carenado, but, they ARE the only people who can help you (and everyone else who owns the product).

As was pointed out above… Carenado says specifically: if there’s a problem with the plane, contact them. If you have a problem with purchasing or installing the plane, contact Microsoft. Can’t be more clear than that.

It would be nice if they responded to you directly, but, I imagine they’ve received probably several thousand submissions of a variety of bugs with the 3 planes. It’s likely if they responded individually to every report they’d spend all their time responding and have no time to fix the variety of bugs people are experiencing.

I’m pretty sure they have announced (if you know where to look… I don’t) that they are aware of issues and they are working on them. I don’t think we can expect more communication from them than that.

Not to mention, it might be difficult for them to reproduce some or all of the problems. For instance, I haven’t had a CTD with either plane yet, and I’ve tried all the things people are saying they’re doing to cause a CTD. That doesn’t mean you’re not having a problem. I totally believe you. I’m just saying, if they can’t reproduce it, they can’t fix it. It’s as simple as that, and a very common issue.

1 Like

TOTALLY agree. It’s time to stop with the updates, let us use what we’ve got for a while, and implement a real test program for all development. Industries are always looking to change the way things work to make it cheaper. Unfortunately, it’s rare that it works.

I can understand the frustration. But Carenado are dismissive and saying it’s all in Microsobo’s hands. And of course, Microsobo are saying it’s a Carenado responsibility. Yet, both sides are happy to take your money for a currently broken product. The Mooney has been broken for 6 weeks now with no signs of it working any time soon, and this is what anyone that tried to get support has to deal with.

The Q&A has just announced that Asobo will be offering a preview build, for future releases, to the 3rd party devs, so that should prevent most of these types of issues.

They’re aiming to get this in place from Jan 2021.

I sympathise with your post

Reminder that everyone needs to treat each other with respect, in compliance with the Code of Conduct.

:small_blue_diamond:Harassing or Defamatory Content

Harassing, bullying or defamatory content will not be tolerated and has a negative effect on everyone’s experience in the forums. This includes:

• Throwing around insults with the intent to bully or targeting individuals or groups with malice.

If a member is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Receive a formal warning from the moderator staff
  • Be banned from the forums for a length of time based on the severity of the infraction up to, and including, indefinitely.

If this continues we will take action.

2 Likes

Seeing participants in this topic including the OP can’t play nicely I have closed this topic permanently.

2 Likes