CAT3B ILS - Dual AP?

Hello community!

Just a quick question, I wondering wether this is a bug or if I’m doing something wrong.

I flew into Perth from Auckland, IFR. My RVR was 75m, so I took advantage of Perth’s ILS 27 Z approach which is Cat III B in real life.

The rule for a Cat III B approach with less than 75m RVR is dual AP for failover. However, I cannot seem to activate DUAL AP. My PFA shows CAT 3 Single and the AP2 button just disengages AP1.

Is this a missing feature or am I doing something wrong?

Hello @skBTbeast,

if you followed real procedures and it will not work feel free to report it via https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Full IFR capabilities are WIP at the moment for all Aircrafts.

Also check known issues page regarding A320.

1 Like

Missing feature.

I wouldn’t expect any fail operational autopilot systems to be incorporated into default aircraft.

Would likely have to wait until a payware study level sim comes out before cat3b capabilities will be incorporated.

(Unless the guys making the neo mod can eventually get this going. Probably will take some time though. Autoland stuff isn’t easy)

1 Like

Actual issues:

• Airbus A320neo : target altitude can now be changed when AP is disabled.

• Airbus A320neo : armed modes no longer appear in boxes on the FMA.

• Airbus A320neo : flaps « FULL » indication instead of « F » on ECAM.

• Airbus A320neo : FMGS message « INVALID ENTRY » replaced by « NOT ALLOWED ».

• Airbus A320neo : FMGS now only displays arrival procedures corresponding to the selected runway.

• Airbus A320neo : FMGS now correctly displays ETA for approach points.

• Airbus A320neo : removed remaining waypoints on ND after selecting different approach procedures.

• Airbus A320neo : fixed heading bug alignment offset issue.

• Airbus A320neo : fixed missing runway in the perf page of FMGS when a departure runway is already selected.

• Airbus A320neo : fixed constraints flickering on ND.

• Airbus A320neo : FMGS block fuel indication now correctly initialized.

• Airbus A320neo : automatic speed management improvements.

• Airbus A320neo : alpha floor condition is now correctly triggered.

You didn’t do anything wrong, it is a missing feature at the moment.

3 Likes

gitub a320 alredy has double AP on land

2 Likes

FlyByWire sim? I have the dev branch but haven’t seen this feature.

Mods - happy to archive this thread. My question was answered :slight_smile:

Hadn’t noticed that, need to go check I have the correct version. Thanks for the heads up!

Nothing wrong: you first must activate APPR on FCU, than you can activate AP2.

True, it works with A32NX, however it seems to activate automatically on its own without my intervention, at the right time, or at least that happened to me minutes ago.

1 Like

Which airport/approach were you landing at? Does MSFS know which runways are Cat III B?

The aircraft doesn’t care if the ILS is CAT I, II, etc.

1 Like

Yes, it showed the right CAT on the PFD, then dual 1+2. Many airports I’ve tried since yesterday and they worked, however last one was Rome Fiumicino, it landed on its own. I’m using A32NX mod latest dev version downloaded from Github.

Maybe check how an airbus really flies?

Awesome, thanks!

Its only been a month since this sim was released, and you are saying that the mod already supports autoland? Call me skeptical or shocked, but wow.

1 Like

Every day it improves and all free…hope Asobo are taking notes.

2 Likes

You can try yourself, I am Autolanding with Dual 1+2 since a couple days. :wink:
Not mentioning working pages on MFD like doors, APU, Bleed, Air Cond, Wheels, T.O. check button, Working ADIRS (7 minutes to startup like real one), and many other things I cannot live without.
Cheers

2 Likes

I’ve been lazy then. Will give it a go haha.

Be sure to download the dev version clicking the green CODE button on Github, and not the release 0.2.0 version that is a bit old. They’ve also addressed the Engine 1 shut down issue…

1 Like