"Celebrity" plane spotted in sim (via Live Traffic)

Kind of cool I was coming in for a landing at KOPF (Miami-Opa Locka), and what did I spot on the ground but a Canadian-owned Phenom 300 jet with tail number C-FWTF that features in quite a number of YouTube videos on various channels, most notably on FlightChops. Kind of cool seeing known real-world planes in the sim. Unfortunately, the Asobo generic twin engine model was used to represent Osama’s plane, but still cool to see it.

On a side note, my own (fictional) tail number I always fly under, including on Vatsim - C-OWTF - is inspired by that plane’s registration.

9 Likes

Model matching is another big issue for 2021 it seems. Would be so much better to see the actual plane model even if a low poly render base model could be built for almost all planes or if it could be streamed in so that we don’t own the model or have access to it. Still cool to see real traffic though especially a celeb.

Be nice to see that plane taxi and move around realistically and not vanish after landing on route to the gate either. You would think with all that cloud computing they could offload the CPU usage of the AI traffic too. Right now we have these big data centers and servers handling the traffic between players but it’s not doing much aside from feeding the sim the live traffic tracking data.

In an environment where CPU is so precious I would love to fly solo but with real AI traffic and dedicated CPU offloaded to keep frame rates up. I turned AI off shortly after launch after measuring CPU usage and watching them taxi around. I know they tweaked it a bit since then but really I would rather it be done right.

Was sad when Aerosoft announced their traffic addon was dead because of SU5. Hopefully someone can get real traffic working with minimal overhead and base model matching. Model matching for all planes for that matter.

3 Likes

Wow…to see an actual real life aircraft that many of us are familiar with in the sim, to me is just magic! Yet here we are kvetching about the details. I don’t think most folks understand how hard it is to make all this work!

This thing appeared at London Heathrow a few days ago.
(MSFS 2020 Standard Edition)

1 Like

I always use N721TC, which happens to be a hot air balloon in the real world. I used to use N690TC, but not only is that a Turbo Commander in the real world, it also has way too many syllables to be practical.

That’s not from a custom livery pack, by any chance?

I would guess it probably is. That’s not something in the sim proper.

1 Like
2 Likes

That jet has been stored at Stewart Airport in upstate NY since 2019. It only has one engine.

3 Likes

If I had mods, and I do not because I want items included in the core sim to function correctly before I go adding stuff from the marketplace or other places. A Trump 787 is NOT something I want in my simulator.

4 Likes

@Crunchmeister71 @hobanagerik

Correct as Masobo San don’t do real world liveries.

This is from IVAO Altitude, modified with the Easy airlines+aircraft matching mod from Headwind, before the latest version which was downgraded over copyright issues.

I suspect the livery was matched to a Tupolev Tu-204 :grin:

1 Like

I’m going to go get the Trump 787 right now!

1 Like

I don’t believe I have a solve for your question, but related to it, here is a topic about this you might want to check out to see if you agree with:

Multiplayer: display other players actual aircraft 3D models and liveries around you

The aircraft is missing one engine, the other is well beyond it’s annual and airframe maintenance has been neglected for several years now. Maybe good for a museum piece but not for flying. Good luck finding a museum that wants it.

2 Likes

They added the trump jet in the standard edition, are you kidding us?

I didn’t check but I think the OP actually had that livery pack installed. It’s the only possible way they would have seen it. It’s not in the Standard edition as the 787 is only in Premium Deluxe. It make no sense they would include a livery for a plane you don’t have.

No thanks.

1 Like

I already removed Political Posts from this thread. Keep it clean.

4 Likes

@K3HrN

As previously mentioned.