Cerasim Mi17

Regarding Trim - He is using own variables on trim in conjunction with the sdk trim set events. But also a constant refresh, so that sdk trim increase decrease events wont work. See my fix above for this.
Regarding Cyclic on Takeoff - I indeed need right cyclic on takeoff and hover. Maybe you had the right amount of left wind? Can you check if this is true with zero wind for you still.

Some time back I wrote a set of JS widgets in Flow that use the trim set and they worked fine before. I’ve not used them in a while to see if they are broken or not but for sure worked in SU12.

Ok, thanks. I never used trim set before only trim inc/inc, thats why I couldnt be sure. I will test a little bit more and will make a bug report then.

@JayDee6281 wrote:

At least in SU14 Beta the trim Button doesnt work and the cerasim code prevents the use of trim decrease increase. To solve this goto into the community\cerasim-aircraft-cera-mi17v5\SimObjects\Airplanes\Cerasim_MI17_V5\panel\Gauges\Msystem.xml and delete the lines 265 through 282.

Thank you!! At least with this in place I can actually do some flying. When you’re flying with a spring-loaded joystick trim is a hard requirement.

Like you say, I have yet to see a single aircraft make use of this binding and I have tried to use it without success since helicopters first released. Wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t work properly and the bug was that old.

and my Black Cockpit Panel Mod

:heart: I was hoping someone would make one of these.

Regarding Cyclic on Takeoff - I indeed need right cyclic on takeoff and hover. Maybe you had the right amount of left wind? Can you check if this is true with zero wind for you still.

Nope. Even with wind removed I need about 7% aft and less than 1% right to hover. The incremental trim isn’t precise enough to really dial in the hover, so this is as close as I can get.

@Kapustick wrote:

Also, are you able to right click on any of the switches? Once I left click on some switches, I can’t manipulate the switch anymore - not even with panels that have a stop button.

I guess I have been lucky enough not to encounter that yet? I’m using Legacy mode so I guess I’ll run into it eventually. Definitely something that needs to be addressed then.

BTW, great DCS videos for the Mi-8. :+1:

Thank you! For obvious reasons I was very excited about this Mi-17 release :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going to reserve judgment until we see how well Cera Sim supports the product; I think that will make or break the product for me.

1 Like

Other stuff I’ve encountered that I forgot about before:

8. Neither the anti-icing panel nor the cabin heater can defrost the windows

Cabin heater and the window anti-icing both turn on and claim to be running but it is seemingly impossible to defrost any of the windows.

9. Can maintain flight at 100% collective and full left corrector

I was able to fly forever at 90kts above treetop height for as long as I wanted with the collective full up and the corrector full left (down). The rotor RPM read 50%. Generators did not fail either.

I know the MSFS helicopter flight model is simplified but I don’t think this is something I can do in the other helis.

Again, very possible some of this is user error or more Asobo’s fault than Cera Sim, but I wanted to report it anyway.

Just double checked and set trim still works in the code I wrote.
SU13

Yep, I had to switch out of live weather too. I also couldn’t get the windows to defrost in Moscow. I waited for about 15 minutes before going to few clouds.

I had a different experience regarding power. At abou 1500 ft, I would lose main rotor rpm if held a setting of above 9.5 main rotor pitch or so. Both my generators would fail and I would get the audio warnings. Power and main rotor rpm would recover by reducing the power to a main rotor pitch of about 7.

However, I was pushing the aircraft through Vne to see if it would depart flight. It remained unaffected and controllable through 135-140 kts without departing like both my Flyinside Bell and Hype Airbus addons near Vne.

Could you send me the code? Only if you wouldnt mind. Maybe I did something wrong in my testing, so i can double check the events.

Retreating Blade Stall is not part of the Asobo helicopter flight model, so any heli which has it has done a custom job to add it.

You’ll notice in the Cabri and others that the helicopter will magically try to force the nose up to slow you down to sort of hide the fact that RBS never happens, but you can circumvent it by entering a dive and not pushing full forward cyclic. Unlimited speed!

(Same with Vortex Ring State; the only helis which have it had to code it themselves)

1 Like

Do you have flow pro? I could send you the widget itself if you do.

This is specifically why I don’t fly anything other than Flyinside or Hype, untill now. I hope Cera Sim implements this. I don’t get any value out of helicopter addons if they don’t implement the unique aspects/restrictions of helicopter flight. My efforts are to try to understand and explore aviation in reference to IRL handling, performance, and behavior. I realize that most people (at least Twitch streamers) seem to focus on entertainment and performance in reference to Ace Combat expectations.

2 Likes

Wind removed? How did that 152 end up like that? :sweat_smile: If it was rotor wash, I am definitely going to try that on a parked GA plane too. (For the entertainment factor)

1 Like

Yes I have flow pro. Would be nice

Yep. I set the Clear Skies preset and then deleted the wind layer completely. Wind sock was totally calm.

I have a Dawson City (CYDA) scenery pack (Don’t know where I found it). I loaded it up today and found it like this :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s unfortunately not from my rotor wash lol

@JayDee6281 if you can, get on chat on FB with Cera Sim, they’ve been very helpful and accepted some of my suggestions as well as offered me to test some of the fixes. I’m not exactly competent enough but your expertise would certainly be helpful.

Thanks for the trim fix.

Oh, o, thanks for the info. l will take a look.

More things to report.

10. Engine Condition Levers shouldn’t be at 100%

The ECLs (the two levers to the left of the collective) default to full-up (100%) in this bird. In reality they should be about half way for normal operation. All the way up is for emergency power.

11. Setting the ECLs to anything other than 100% locks the Corrector (Throttle Control Grip) to 100%

If I roll the corrector left and then touch the ECLs at all it snaps back to the right (100%) and can’t be moved until the ECLs are both back to 100%.

12. The overhead Engine Access Door does not affect sound

Opening the pilot and copilot doors very clearly affects the sound, but opening the overhead hatch does not.

13. None of the systems require generators power during startup?

Everything on the overhead triangle panels should require generator power to run, but all of it will turn on during a cold start once the engines are running, even before I turn on the rectifiers and generators.

If I lose the generators mid-flight the fans stop, and once the generators have been turned on everything behaves like it should. So something is definitely weird.

The generators are off

but everything has power; The fan is spinning.

14. Only two fuel tanks?

The Weight and Balance menu only shows Left and Right main tanks. However there should also be a Service Tank. You turn on the Service Tank pump during startup, and the fuel indicator has a setting for it which shows a different value from the mains.

This also causes Flight Sim Economy to complain about a fuel tank layout mismatch because it is expecting a “Center” tank and isn’t finding one.

15. Impossible performance on a single engine

I started just the left engine by itself and then slammed the collective to 100%. ~50% fuel, minimal cargo. The helicopter launches up at 3500fpm until the rotor rpm slows.

But then if I drop collecting and start falling, I can throw full collective at it again and even with 60% rotor RPM it will suddenly maintain a 1500fpm climb for as long as I want. Again, not possible.

Also, I can’t recreate it but during one startup the right engine tried to start itself in an infinite loop (Because the fuel shutoff was closed). If I can figure out how to recreate that reliably I will add it as well.

1 Like

KO2/KO50 is not expected to defrost windows. It’s just a simple cabin heater. You should use anti-ice panel instead.

Yea that’s my bad, I went back and checked and two of the glass panels are supposed to be electrically heated and operated on the anti-icing panel. Has nothing to do with the cabin heater like you say.

That said, that doesn’t seem to be implemented either.

Hello everyone, first of all we want to thank each and every one of you for your support, on behalf of all the members of our team.

We had a mishap with the interior textures, when trying to improve performance, they were compressed too much to the point of impoverishing the final result.
Regarding the engines, it has been a challenge, although the MI is a twin-engine helicopter in programming and configuration, we must handle it as a single-engine.

We have taken note of each of the reported failures, we will give a prudent time of 15 more days to collect all the information, then we will proceed to solve them.
We hope to soon release a first update, we still see that more future updates are required, also waiting for updates from the Asobo team.
Remember we are Cera Sim and we always want to provide excellent support and good helos as far as possible. We will continue working for you.

thank you very much to all.

17 Likes