Cerasim Mi17

I look forward to every future Cera Sim addition to the MSFS flight line.
Thank you for bringing your Mi17 forward. I’m certain you will do a very good job as both this platform and your experience with it grows.
I have owned almost every helicopter Cera produced for FSX and plan to get as many as you care to develop for MSFS.

1 Like

Parked in the hangar until the updates. All is not lost. Tomorrow is Vulcan Taco Tuesday.

2 Likes

I noticed the lights (red and green Nav) either side of the heli (in front just under pilot and co pilot) or not attached when viewing outside zoomed in

This helicopter is so broken, some switches wont clicj back after selected like light test engine start switch wont go over to other engine, plus im getting radom stutters when looking around, this kind of shady work should be unacceptible for its price tag, hopefully a patch will fix these issues

Left click moves the switches one way, right click moves them the other way.

It’s not broken, you just don’t have the user interaction settings set correctly. Use lock, not legacy. Regarding the textures and other issues, Cera is already saying they are undergoing a two week feedback compilation and then will release updates. Regarding stuttering, that’s often hard to address as some users may have it, and others not purely based on system specs.

Cera has been historically a well respected dev from the FSX/P3D era, and this is their first foray into MSFS. So far in my opinion they’re still doing better than the other main helo dev, Nemeth.

1 Like

My rigjt mouse button makes cursor disappear

as stated in the post above yours and elsewhere - you must use the ‘Lock’ and not the ‘Legacy’ user control setting.
I am not a fan of this as it causes all of the controls that are activated by the cursor to turn glowing blue or yellow when selected. You can remove the GIANT labels but can no longer have plain old switches and knobs anymore. Hopefully this will be amended soon, and the glowing effects will be gone.

1 Like

That’s because by default right mouse is bound to camera freelook or zoom or something right? Remove that binding and right clicking switches will work.

I’ve held off on getting this pending updates but that now means that without big announcements, I’m not necessarily aware of any patches thus far. Have any updates been released yet or will those only begin in a month or so following Cera’s 15 day evaluation as mentioned above?

1 Like

I will really like to buy this and test it but for that to happen it must support legacy cockpit interactions, I’m not going to switch to lock to use this and then back for all my other add-ons.

Hopefully the devs will address that.

1 Like

That’s not setting the bar very high tbh.

1 Like

Luckily there are some wonderful helicopter devs, especially Hype Performance Group, Taog‘s Hangar and FlyInside.

3 Likes

It does work with legacy cockpit interaction. People are spreading misinformation regarding this issue. The solution was posted just a few posts before people started posting their emotions about it instead of reading what the workaround is. It’s not ideal, but it works.

• Left click and hold, then right click

I would recommend not buying the product until at least the first update is released, unless you want to participate in the “beta” period. Even though it seems more like a beta release, I still enjoy it as it is.

As I said earlier, I give Cerasim a pass on releasing it as it is. Their first initial release is still a much deeper sim (preview) than the other developers that release helicopters every two weeks or so - IMO.

1 Like

Thank you for your correction!
I missed that post and it is a very welcomed sign to know it works with legacy cockpit interactions.

I understand it is far from perfect but I’m a big fan of both airplanes and helis that are “different” than most others so it is very tempting. My two fav planes ever are the Yak40 and the Tu154, someday we might have them in MSFS…

As an alternative, remove the default binding to right mouse and then this workaround isn’t even necessary.

But you’re correct, legacy does work.

I don’t think Cera Sim did enough to explain to people how their cockpit interaction works. I know they’ve said it on this forum but it needs to be more obvious and harder to miss as a new user.

I still need and use the zoom function because I can’t read the instruments - in most other addons as well. Many and an ever increasing number of addons seem to be designed for players that fly in 3rd person and not in the cockpit, as a pilot.

So far, I haven’t encountered a critical issue of having to flip a switch in one direction before flipping it the other way. So, I chose to keep the zoom function for the right mouse click and wheel. If an update to the addon makes it so it would be catastrophic to flip a switch into the wrong position, I’ll probably sacrifice the zoom functionality by using your method.

Anyone else notice this black area on overhead as well?

1 Like

Ive also noticed even with Anti ice on the windsheild always freezes up…

1 Like

Hopefully we will have an update soon to patch some of these bugs, been 15 days since release.

1 Like