Cerasim Mi17

Hi guys, maybe someone can make
liveries for the Mi-17, thanks

1 Like

What are the latest development updates for any patches andā€¦updatesā€¦to this model?

2 Likes

I emailed Cera and they provided the following:

ā€œWe have had a period in which we have collected information about the failures, we had a technical talk with the team, and we are working on the updates, we do not have an estimated delivery time yet, but we want to release a complete update.ā€

6 Likes

Thats good news!

always go to the source.

Cerasim, I hope that you will make an autopilot for the Mi-17 helicopter

1 Like

You can search for Simway you tube channel - in his discord he uploads liveries that he makes for the mi-17 (he has done already the UTair and MCHs)

1 Like

Just saw this - thanks for the info. His repaints are excellent!

Itā€™s been about a month since Ceraā€™s statement that they are working on updates. Unless they respond here Iā€™ll ping them for an ETA

4 Likes

Update:

Cera wishes everyone happy holidays and states that they have a list of all problems/issues reported to them that they are working through on a nearly daily basis. While they took some time away during the holidays, they are back at it to provide a major, comprehensive update to the Mi-17. With that said, due to the fact that they are working on such a big update, they do not have a release estimate yet.

I will plan on pinging them in late March/early April if we havenā€™t heard anything further by that time.

6 Likes

Thanks for keeping us updated Cutlass!

This is one of those add-ons that I very much want to enjoy but canā€™t in its current state, so nothing to do now but wait patiently and hope for the best.

3 Likes

My quick review of this Heli:

TL;DR: It is terrific, way better than what I expected from the comments.

Iā€™ve been testing this for a few days and I must say Iā€™m really impressed, it is really nice as-is today so if anyone is in doubt I would say go get it. The flight model is very nice and most of the systems are simulated. I could start it from cold and dark, take off fly it around and land it. What I love about the Mi17 (and the Mi8) is that you can really fly these helis like planes and land them like planes! Iā€™m very bad flying helis but planes I can land.

Sounds are quite good (to me) and the cockpit feels very nice, the night lighting is very nice but probably needs to be toned down a bit.

To CeraSim: Thanks for this heli! I plan to make some tutorials to get more people to fly this heli. I hope you can keep updating it, the autopilot is needed as this can be flown for some long distances. And Iā€™m hoping you can continue and do the Blackhawk.

Tips and tricks:

Use Jaydeeā€™s fix (in this thread) to make trim work, it does work, albeit very coarse but it helps enormously to fly the heli.

Use Jaydeeā€™s black cockpit mod, it makes the cockpit textures look a lot better until they are updated by the dev.

Make sure your engine dust protection system is not accidentally turned on when you turn on the heli lights as they are in the same panel and then you can have an engine failure if you overtorque it.

If your RPMs are low and you have several lights on your generators will not have enough power, turn on the APU after landing for taxiing at night.

And finally: ALL the switches and buttons work fine in legacy cockpit controls mode. For the switches with more than 2 positions use left click to go in one direction and while holding left button click right button to move in the other direction. For the engine starter it would be left click for eng1, then hold left button and click right button twice to move to mid position first and then eng2.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I was hesitant to buy that helo because of all the negative comments.
You mentioned the night lighting: is it adjustable with knobs, or just ON/OFF ?
Iā€™ll fly it in VR so Iā€™m really looking for nice cockpit depiction.

To be honest Iā€™m more interested in an MI-8 that this Mi-17, which I fear might be too ā€œpowerfulā€ and, as a consequence, less challenging to flyā€¦ But Iā€™m glad to see some ā€œoldā€ russian machines for our sim. Now, if we could get a nice Mi-24 (not A) and some cool Kamov stuff, that would be perfect :slight_smile:

Returning to my Mig-21 in the meanwhile :stuck_out_tongue:

Lighting is adjustable with knobs BUT the lowest setting is already very very bright. That would need an adjustment from the dev.

I love having this in the sim and hoping the TU134 is some day released.

just fly DCS, the mi-8 & 24 are good there. especially in VR

1 Like

No.
I have DCS. Itā€™s the last place where I want to fly an helicopter. Ground scenery is way too poor.

2 Likes

Suit yourself. I prefer DCS to MSFS overall

I use DCS, XP12 and MSFSā€¦
They are all great. They each do different things better, but are generally all in head to head competition when it comes to base simulation.

2 Likes

yea, for sure. i primarily use dcs, msfs is for me when i want a break from my usual sim, or if i wanna do something here that i cant do there

Anyone figured out a solution for the windshield icing problem?