Cessna 172 issues

Cessna 172 non glass cockpit, issues since update 5, fuel selector switch on left tank cannot move it at all.
Trim up/down switch, when toggling indicator is either full up or full down, pretted about for an hour and rebooted but still the same, managed to take off somewhere near normal and trims normal but indicator keeps clicking full up full down.
hate the light up controls and clicking to adjust is useless so many issues, have read set it to legacy which I will try tomorrow hopefully it turns of the horrible high lights, trying to adjust buttons/knobs is terrible almost un useable. one other note / issue what have they done to the sky … too bright lost all the great cloud detail it is just way too bright hurts the eyes. before the cockpit was slightly dim but just turned up the instrument brightness and got a superb balance now its like a white out
This is on PC by the way

Hello,

All the same issues here.

There’s a plenty of bugs anywhere in the game that I don’t even know where to start but in a nutshell, my FS won’t work properly…

Can we downgrade the patch?

My community folder is empty.

Thanks

Checked this morning before having to work and the mouse is on default and sim set to Legacy still all the same issues,
Notice someone posted Pink interior after update when flying the outside view shows the landing legs to the wheels vivid pink.
I think this update needs rolling back for the gain in frame rate etc all this issues and the horrible highlights on all the controls etc it is just not worth it and has spoilt the sim.

They need to make updates optional

Same issues here. Fuel stuck on the left tank but what makes it unplayable is the trim being maxed at 100% down. I can move it up using a physical trim wheel but that just makes it to 100% up. Tried troubleshooting it by clearing trim inputs and disconnecting flight sticks but that didnt work. I’ve updated it on a second and 3rd pc with the same issues. No flight sticks attached to those. Just keyboard and mouse.

1 Like

on the trim issue I tried everything but nothing worked full up or full down at the slightest touch, keypad, mouse or yoke. I tried to take off and managed to get in the air and although the trim keeps jumping full up/down when adjusted the plane behaves normally to the trim it looks like it is the indicator where the issue is.
but still cant do anything with the fuel selector.

1 Like

I ended up disabling the trim wheel I have on my throttle quadrant (FlightSimStuff) and moving the trim wheel on the logitech panel rests it to zero (if you turn on the autopilot, it should do the same). This let’s me at least get off the ground and fly. Just without being able to trim the plane…

I’m going through all my planes to see which ones work, and the classic c172 is fine for me, fuel selector works and trim is fine.

Does the fuel selector and trim work on floats and ski classic c172 version as well?

EDIT: Mooney M20 fuel selector doesn’t work

back in the sim, managed to turn off the highlighted controls finally. fuel selector still not working, and trim still the same but works normally in flight, noticed if you go on external view (where the gauges show up) the trim is showing correct and working) but not inside.
will keep looking at the fuel selector

From V4nKw15h on another thread ( this fixed the broken c172 classic - fuel selector, cold start, Trim - hate the annoying click they added to the trim… ):

Go to content manager and update your premium/deluxe packages. Interacting with various cockpit instruments (in premium/deluxe aircraft) is broken until you update these.

Don’t ask me why the hell these necessary updates aren’t just included with the main update… and instead they make you go hunt for them.

5 Likes

I have flown the 172 G1000 all over the US and some of Canada. The last software update seems to have screwed up the following:

1. Crash to desk top.
  2. Autopilot works fine for a while then goes completely off course. The last time went to a waypoint and all of a sudden hung a hard right then begin to loop around and tried to rejoin the course leg only to not follow it.
    On other occasions when autopilot is discontinued the AOA goes way up and the trim has to be forced up, (nose down,) to get out of a stall.
  3. Everything freezes for a while and then continues.
  4. Haven’t been able to complete a flight since upgrade.
    5 Frame rates seemed to improve right after the upgrade, Then went down again.
    Other issues but need to know how to get back to pre upgrade.
    Unuseable the way it is.
1 Like

Hi All
I have been Flying the Cessna172 G1000

Everything is fine until 5 mins into the flight I hear a beep, and both Glass Screens go off. It continues to fly OK but I can’t figure out what is causing the failure.
On the last flight, I set the altitude to 2000 on AP and never touched any buttons or controls and still the screens went black.
Both Avionics switches are ON
Master Batteries are ON
Magneto switch key is on BOTH

I tried the battery test and the Greenlight came on, I am at a loss about what to do next I am sure an expert will come to my aid.

P.S Fixed now, two incorrect settings in the TCA Quadrant were switching off the screens.

Hi All

Now downloading updates in the content manager, may have to finish tomorrow, but managed to get rid of the highlights when trying to adjust knobs and levers etc so looks a bit more normal.
So tomorrow evening could be somewhere near.
I am in Spain so close to midnight and work tomorrow, work from home and currently the sim uses one of the works monitors so awkward to run during the day. Sim is on its own PC and kept to a minimum of programs etc as I don’t want anything that is not needed, only have 2 video programs on it as it is a beast for editing… as well as flying. keep you updated and thanks for all the ideas and help.
Great sim but the updates could do with a bit of info with them of what else is needed that may not be obvious to all of us.

anybody hearing weird new metalic switch-like clicking noises happening just twice in quick sucession when trimming in 172?

Yes, I also hear that. I only hear it when trimming with the mouse. When trimming with my trim wheel there is no sound.

I was running into the same issue using the model 2705 trim wheel from desktop aviator (trim axis) as well as the thumb switches on my alpha bravo. It would go either full up or full down trim with the slightest input. I have a model 2890 trim wheel (digital, not axis) from desktop aviator that I was getting ready to return, as it was useless for MSFS (would take 70 complete rotations to full up or down from takeoff postion). I just tried it out on this newly broken plane, and it works perfectly. It no longer takes a zillion rotations to do anything, and is actually very close to the trim in a real plane. I feel like Asobo fixed the trim for digital input wheels, and broke the trim for axis inputs in the process.

(my previous post was cryptic) did someone see a reduction in the engine performance for the c172 (and not only)? I tend to need a much longer runway. Leaning makes little difference. There is nothing trivially wrong with atmosphere etc neither I am in legacy mode.

now back up and downloading again, tI think it is just fairly slow at the downloads due to size and people using the servers. anyway I ran a quick test last night after doing the packages update (2 of them)
and now the trim wheel is back to normal … apart from an annoying clicking and the fuel selector was back in the middle position and I could manually select which tank.

TwiggyGryphon17 I noticed that I too needed a longer runway to get up in the air.
I was doing test flights from an airfield close to the Milaou Bridge (sorry for the spelling) in France south east direction and there are hills quite a way after the runway but it was awkward to get height on to get over them, another not I noticed on the bridge strange thins going up and down using the drone turned out to be traffic climbing and descending near vertical from the road below but the update might change this … funny to see though … back to istalling around 30 gigs of scenery to do

thanks for affirming the new clicking sound is not just me… if sounds to me like switch being switched on a off… i wonder if they somehow implemented some invisible switch which might be also toggling trim on/off

yes same here, a metallic clunk in which ever direction you are trimming.

I had another issue I will check later the weather comes up live at the start (no problem) but when I change it to say broken cloud and click out the plane climbs sharply skywards and tries to stall … sharp inputs on the yoke to correct it

The sim overall is superb just a bit annoying that after some updates you have to do other updates manually and then go in and change the settings to your requirements. I did hear long ago before I got the sim that it is best to empty the community folder before doing any updates … which is what I do, luckily my PC is super fast so only takes a minute or so.

Also seem at 8.00 am pacific today there is a hotfix coming out to resolve quite a few issues … see how we go