Update 11-05-2020: I updatet the C172 Mod. There are now two versions:
Standard Version: performance changes
Joystick Version: performance changes plus some changes to effectivity of ruder, elevator and ailron
Vanilla aircrafts lacks in power. Now you can actually make short-field take-offs with maximum take-off weight.
Also you can see approximately POH climb values, even at high altitudes. Vanilla aircraft was 25% and more off on the lower side.
In static full power run-up you should now see more than 2.300 rpm, like the POH states.
You still have to lean even under 3.000 ft. Just always use a static full power run-up before take-off and lean for max rpm. This is not realisitc, but I cannot figure out, how to fix that. This is not coming from the mod, this is also vanilla behaviour.
There are now two versions of the mod:
- increased power & adjusted lift & drag to increase climb performance & short-field take-offs with MTOW.
- slightly decreased ground roll torque effect
- changed autopilot input behaviour for altitude and speed (FLC) - now increases always the same amount with buttonpresses. No longer increasing jumps, the longer you push the button.
- autopilot vs steps are now 50 fpm
Joystick Version (the additional changes are for a better gaming experience not a more realistic aircraft):
same as above plus:
- significantly reduced ground roll torque effect
- decreased effectivity of elevator, ailron and rudder
- decreased elevator trim effictivty
I also made a quick reference chart for beginners for this aircraft.
Link: 2.04 MB file on MEGA
If you speak german, check out my vid, where I tested the mod in nepal lukla VNLK.
Link: Cessna 172 ShortFieldTake-Off/Landung in Lukla/C172 Performance MOD ★ Microsoft Flight Simulator - YouTube