Cessna Citation CJ4 Issues and Support

Added to my wish list for later downloading. Now if only we could “walk” the cockpit camera back to the cabin so we can see and interact with it in flight. I know you can use the drone camera, but it stinks for cabin viewing during flight.

2 Likes

That would be a fantastic idea. Among other things, without the ability to walk into the cabin and interact with it, the wooselmod goodies configured via the display screen are not useful at all. I can’t figure out how to walk in the cabin using drone mode AND click on things. It only works when I’m close enough to the cockpit so that I can interact with cockpit buttons. As soon as I move back to the cabin, everything becomes unclickable again.

edit: turns out I can simply control the cabin lights via MSFS:LIGHT POTENTIOMETER:28 (from 0 to 100), so all’s well. I’d rather control it directly from the “cockpit” anyway (read: a Stream Deck or whatever), rather than set up custom views or walk up and down the cabin.

1 Like

There is this wishlist thread you can vote on.

Thanks, voted. Although it doesn’t seem to be getting much traction.

Its actually pretty easy to set up custom cabin views. Very helpful for enjoying the WooselMod!

2 Likes

I’ll have to check it out later.

I have Simbrief pick my route. then start the sim and enter departure and arrival airport and leave it at “vfr direct” Once the avionics are up and running I enter one or two waypoints from the route (depending on length of flight) and then select the departure and arrival procedures. In other words you only input a couple waypoints manually.

I just export my Simbrief flight plan and load it in MSFS when i select my departure in the world map. It will be loaded in the FMC and it works fine.

Guys how do I switch the barometer back to normal from standard, so I can set the correct pressure after descent?

Loving this updated version. The avionics are sublime. They really look after you!

Press the menu button for the PFD and scroll the selection box to the bottom of the menu to enter the barometer setting to get back to normal. Once below transition altitude (default FL180), I press the barometer hot key (default B button on PC) to set it correctly since ATC doesn’t tell you the current pressure right away. Pressing the hot key would also handle the switch between normal and standard based on altitude if you were so inclined.

1 Like

Thank you!

Is there something that I need to do to update the FMS NAV Database for the CJ4 on XBOX?

Personal Comments and Observations

None - since you’re on XBox, you’re subject to the AIRAC update cycle of Navblue (Airbus), the official partner of the MSFS for Navdata. The AIRAC update will arrive as a small SimUpdate patch.

2 Likes

post deleted

question regarding VNAV -

how can I change the coupled VNAV’s descent path degree? currently it looks like it’s set to 3.0 degrees as per the legs page:

However in the VNAV page I set it to 4.0 degrees:

Which one of these is the one the VNAV autopilot will use to control my descent rate?

Where can I go and download the new AAU1 mod. All I see is the working title mod, download latest 12.14., is this it ?

It is included in the base sim now. So you get it via the marletplace/content manager. If you want the beta version you have to enrol in the beta flight via Xbox insider.

As said, there is no ‘mod’ anymore. The changes are included in the base aircraft and will have been installed automatically via the usual update process when the sim launched after AAU1 release (so not via the Marketplace or content manager). Any mods on the WT website have been deprecated and no longer supported.

Makes you wonder why they haven’t just removed the download link from the website, since they’ve clearly updated the website to say not to download it, whilst still providing a download link.

I guess there are some folk who still prefer the mod? It still worked the last time I checked. But as alfar as I’m concerned the mod is way inferior. All the little extras it had like simbrief import and charts (which have or soon will be integrated by Navigraph themselves) where nothing compared to proper implementation of IFR procedures and split MFD. Also the mod will still handle very poorly on the ground in crosswinds.