Checking for updates? No, we're way past that

I am getting this issue as well. Alt+F4 and relaunching it will usually fix it after multiple repeated attempts.

1 Like

New motherboard, clean windows installation, 100% clean sim (literally 0 addons)

no joy…

you can change wat you want,it is msasobo wat need to fix this :wink:

2 Likes

yeah… i figured maybe someone can use that info for debugging this
since i toasted my MB i went all in and did a clean slate of everything, delteted the partition and everything… 100% clean
interesting side note, the game retained some (but not all) of my settings…curious… they are stored upserver?

yes,but sometimes also get lost :grimacing:

This is what MSFS looks like for me after I started it up and it ran an update

1 Like

Options screen

World Map

Hi @Tuddley3 & welcome to the forums.

Do you have any 3rd-party addons installed? This article may help:

Hopefully the recommendations will solve your problem.

Cockpit C-172

No 3rd Party addons, but thank you, I’ll give this a try

Fix this by re enabling automatically set time within windows settings, then launch the game

It does not fix the issue, at least not on my side. Also loggin in and out of any Xbox app does not fix it, nor does any repair services. It IS a server side issue, no matter how many CM come here and state otherwise and mark silly workarounds as solution or working approach.

6 Likes

Hi @AnkH828072

I can appreciate your frustration at this issue, and as already stated in this thread, at an earlier point in time solutions were marked as they were seemingly helping the vast majority of users to fix the Checking For Updates problem.

Since then we’ve noticed a sharp increase in users reporting this issue, with those earlier workarounds no longer helping. Due to this we have already escalated this for further investigation by the development team.

Thanks
The MSFS Team

3 Likes

It seems to me that the servers are overbooked (maybe because they are also engaged on the 2024 release)! The notice “Checking for updates” should be changed into : “Checking for updates, there are no slots available for you now. try later”

All the suggested workaround have one common base : Time delaying. They keep you busy trying to implement them and,once you have done the job you relaunch the Sim and it may work if a slot became available in the meantime.

In the last 3-4 days I did relaunch the sim several time until it worked.Without workarounds.Just time…matters.

1 Like

Yes, I am aware of this and I appreciate your statements here, but honestly, this is close to an absolute game-breaking bug, for me it makes the sim basically unusuable. So I do miss the info text on top of the forums that this issue is currently being adressed with highest priority. As it was, when servers were down.

6 Likes

Still the same here, hanging up.

Still able to bypass it all and fly, London looked perfect with only slight lag in close high detail.
Flew all around, very stable. No frame-rate loss.

I can go to discovery flights from the in-flight menu and they work. Load very fast and seems like the scenery here is all already loaded before the flight, it works as good as the sim ever has.
But if I try to exit back to the main menu, hang.

I also noticed with the last update that almost all boats are no longer underwater, very nice.

For me today, so far, everything seems to be back to normal. Again, so far. :slight_smile:

again the same problem for me…never had this issue in 4 years…again…impossibile to enter the main menu…
it’s a asobo-side issue
my pc is super clean

2 Likes

Good God, man. I’m having the eternal Checking for Updates now, too. I got past it earlier but I’ve done quite a few restarts of the sim trying to get past this obnoxious spinning circle screen to no avail. I really wish I could just open this software and use it without having to cross my fingers and hope it works and then by the time it finally works I’m so disgusted from all the troubleshooting that I don’t even feel like doing it anymore.

I’m really, really sick of this nonsense. When are we going to get a piece of software that just WORKS?

3 Likes