Chinese Localization

OK, you won

1 Like

I think for players located in China, first get a server that works for everything with good speeds for all online services (live traffic, download updates, multiplayer and photogrammetry).

I am playing with VPN to get better speeds for photogrammetry, and updates can only be downloaded using VPN.

I have 1gbps optic fiber connection as many players in China, and it just feels like 56k for MSFS :sweat_smile: I often get the message that internet is too slow for Bing data until I change VPN server. Without VPN it just tells me Bing data have been switched off, don’t even ask me what I wanna do.

And then yes a world update for China (POI and ZUTF handcrafted airport but I am dreaming😀)

2 Likes

Agree for the MSFS UI and General Options as well as (basic, flying) tutorials, I understand your wishes… but for locations like airfields, a 4-letter Latin ICAO code should be denoted, as elsewhere in the world. Chinese cities and airport names could be in two languages ! so anyone traveling to China can read the city name also.

As for ATC, since 2017 every pilot in China is already using English language… Chinese pilots get a course for that,

China will mandate that its air traffic controllers use only English when communicating with pilots of any airline starting in 2017, according to the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC).

According to Zhao Yun, an official at the CAAC in Beijing, the move will improve situational awareness for foreign pilots. By ATC communicating in English pilots will be aware of the position of every aircraft in the airspace,” said Zhao.

Currently, ATC at all airports across China use English to communicate with pilots of foreign airlines and Mandarin with those flying for Chinese carriers. Zhao said the CAAC will announce the exact date for implementation later, ensuring the readiness of all stakeholders involved in the process.

He added that the CAAC does not expect any problems with the implementation because most Chinese pilots and air traffic controllers have taken mandatory six-month English courses before starting their initial training. That rule took effect in 1998.

Zhao characterized the English-only mandate as another step forward for China’s aviation industry.

Source of above information:

2 Likes

There are many tools to support localization. I worked at a company that used a language translation file read by our software to translate from English to about 10 popular languages - we had about 10 translators working on site and the system was smooth.

Of course on most planes text stays as English, like the MCDU and 7-segment displays on International jets.

But the User options and settings must be in the native language.

This is not difficult or expensive for Microsoft to setup, to support many languages. There is no excuse for an International company to ignore the world.

However, xenophobia from some political leaders has not helped.

2 Likes

China will import Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 in 2022. The importer demonstrated Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 to officials of the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China at a meeting

3 Likes

Saw the newest roadmap.

Glad the Chinese UI is coming with SIM UPADTE IX. That should not be too far. It’s GREAT news for all Chinese user!

Still a little sad that only mentioned Simplified Chinese even we mentioned Traditional Chinese so many times is this article.

Understand the SC market share is so huge so dev made this decision. Hope someday will transfer to Traditional Chinese as well.

7 Likes

We finally got the Chinese localization. Although it only supports Simplified Chinese for now.

I remember Jorg Neumann answered to Japan game media 4gamer that BOTH Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese could be investigated to work on.

Do we still have possible to get Traditional Chinese in the future? :smiling_face_with_tear: