Chinese Localization

You can try to send a translation file to him or me via private message, then we will make both Simplified and Traditional Chinese work together. It is pretty easy to use some simplified-traditional transfer tool but I’m afraid there are still some terms differ between Mainland and Taiwan.

4 Likes

Chinese is required when I play the game.

3 Likes

Very well said!

3 Likes

Did we get an official any response?

2 Likes

Not yet.

But I think dev will update the new blog later. Maybe we could find some hint in there.
The weekly update always list top 48th voted wishlist features.

5 Likes

I’d agree with your points.

Indeed, there’s a large flight sim community within China and most of the people within this community spend quite the time and efforts to learn and understand the world of aviation.

I understand that this game is not officially available within PRC, but these people deserve a better onboarding experience.

Encoding / region problem deserve a clear disclaimer in the list of other unsupported region settings in the store page. Better yet, add support to it if possible.

4 Likes

We Need Chinese! ~~~

3 Likes

Hi guys

I saw this interview of Xbox studio (Head of MSFS dep., Jorg Neumann), post by Japan game media 4gamer.net.

He just announced that they will make Chinese Localization(TC/SC) !

Source

5 Likes

good news!

6 Likes

this is now on flightsim.to

Microsoft Flight Simulation 2020 traditional Chinese » Microsoft Flight Simulator

2 Likes

Out of interest I read this tread, and realised it’s a big job. I think some retired pilots of Chinese language are the best to know the technicalities, so I expect Asobo/Microsoft should look there as well…

I am not Chinese, don’t speak Chinese, but I think it’s important that Chinese people can use FS in their own language, so I voted:

I also have an important question: not sure how to ask…
How is Microsoft Flight Simulator seen by the PRC government?
Is it allowed? Is it blocked?

I ask because I have no idea, but I know that some countries don’t want some satellite data to be available, for military areas (like France asks to have military areas to be blurred, like Ile Longue in Brittany, or the navy port of Toulon, and many other places. Greece does that too).

Finally, I had some fun flying in Shanghai 2 days ago:

4 Likes

Situations right now are:
MSFS is not officially on sale in China.
Mainland Chinese have to use VPN to get stable connection.
Chinese gov did not express any interest on this game.
Chinese gov believes that all games are bad, some are even worse (like COD).
Chinese gov is hyper sensitive to map / nav data and national security issue (providing such information to US companies).
The relationship between Microsoft and Chinese gov is not as good as before.

So I say let’s play the this game quietly and forget about Chinese World Update for good.

I don’t know what you want to express.

2 Likes

U are just lying dude.

2 Likes

Asobo even hasn’t talked with Chinese government. You just conjecture, this is your personal thought, Such as COD16,It is impossible for these accelerator manufacturers not to talk to the government. Last but not least, many players can play this game without VPN, It is suggested to investigate and then make what you call “comments”

3 Likes

It’s true this game (mainly its cloud service) is not blocked by GFW yet, but according to multiple Chinese flightsim forum, most user cannot get stable connection to use online map and pg data. Of course there are certain amount of people can use it without problem but that’s hugely depend on your local ISP and may not be consistent. I’m not saying this is the fault of the government (not directly at least) but because the game do not have cloud server in China.

What my point is the game currently exist in a gray area on government regulation level and let’s keep it that way. If one day we get the hires world update in China, I bet someone on Weibo will make a fuss about it and call it a national security issue which will push the government to block this game completely and not a single “accelerator” provider dare to support this game at that point.

Personally I don’t care that much because I use vpn to play this game from day one, but the majority of mainland Chinese player will suffer from it.

4 Likes
1 Like

Please don’t talk nonsense

Would you kindly remind me which part is nonsense?

First of all, you are not a spokesman for the Chinese government

2 Likes