City Update 2: France Feedback

Please feel free to use this thread for feedback regarding CU 2: France.

If you have a bug to report, use Scenery and Airports and the regional tag france. Thank you!

8 Likes

In the description it says:
the update also includes the famed Parisā€“Le Bourget Airport (LFPB) in both standard and festival configurations.

How does this work? I donā€™t see different downloads for it?

6 Likes

You can program simobjects to appear on certain days or times so perhaps the extra content appears on the relevant dates.

City update is in the marketplace

I know, but that is 1 update. How do I get the standard OR festival version of Le Bourget?

In other words, can we ourselves select which version you want to use?

2 Likes

As the truly wonderful PinkPantees has already said: itā€™s likely to automatically change when the ā€˜festiveā€™ period starts, so it only needs the one download. Computer programs are magical beasts nowadays.

More eye candy but MSFS still will not save my World Map filter settings :frowning:

17 Likes

I donā€™t know how/if you can choose, but I can say the version actually active is the ā€œfestivalā€ version (but, well, itā€™s quite far from the real thing)

1 Like

In Nantes ChevirƩ Bridge has a big visual bug if you look the bridge pillars!!

ThereĀ“s a festival from 19th to 25th this month. So if you set date to last week instead of using realtime tents on the rockets area (south apron) disappear. Maybe there are more features but that seems to be all. Editor does not allow many more fancy things. Other things could be added like some scheduled fireworks or whatever else but you can just basically add/remove effects or objects and link them to some variables (date in this case).

Cheers

6 Likes

I hope we see EAA Airventure Oshkosh scenery at some point as well, but they would have to add a lot more to it. Itā€™d almost be better as photogrammetry with a few custom assets mixed in.

2 Likes

Doesnt install for me. The world update wont install either. I reckon the ATR file that is corupted and wont install is my problem. Full reinstall once againā€¦

1 Like

ATR broken for me too :frowning:

For ATR issues please refer to this thread: [KNOWN ISSUE] Cannot download ATR packages from Content Manager

@archangel00777, can you please provide more info? Are you unable to ā€œpurchaseā€ it or are you unable to press Download in the content manager?

1 Like

Thanx for another nice update, but an another update, what makes me again change all Assistance Options to my needs, because it was again vanilla. Are u Microsoft programmers never check an Update before u release itā€¦ with WU 11 and the last Dev Update i had the same problemā€¦do a btter job before u think about MSFS 2024ā€¦

8 Likes

@CaseyRyback53 See here and here for further discussion & reporting.

LFPB looks great! Thanks for the update.

8 Likes

So, after the update, whenever I take a screenshot, it displays in the bottom right corner with a very annoying sound.

How to turn that off?

I have looked in sound, but I see no options.

I have looked in display, no options.

I fly with no HUD or anything on the screen for assistance. This screenshot sound and display confirmation are very annoying.

I fly on computer. Steam edition.

Unable to download. Having to reinstall the whole sim again due to trying every method possible.

Amiens looking nice, one of my favorite cities to visit irl.
Night in the main market area is beautiful.