City Update 5: European Cities I Feedback

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion about City Update 5: European Cities I.

If you have any bugs to report with the new scenery. Please create a new topic in Scenery and Airports.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

16 Likes

Download rate is the usual disaster.
Between 1.5 and 3 MBit on 100 MBit DSL.

16 Likes

What platform are you reporting from? Thanks!

Windows, store version.
Germany here.

2 Likes

If you want some tips, there is a guide here: [GUIDE] Improving Slow Download Speeds and Fixes for Download Issues

Feel free to try those but there is no need :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Hi guys, just install the update. No download speed issues (90-100 Mbit)
Munich, PC Windows store edition.

I am getting about 0.8 mbps from Amsterdam. PC Windows store edition.

1 Like

Hi,

It is happening again.

PC, store version.

Update: Suddenly the download speed increased and the update was installed. Whew. :sweat_smile:

Download went fine. No internet speed issues.
PC/Steam

Seems okay on US East for me.

1 Like

Germany PC Store 2 Mbits download speed

1 Like

Content Manager seems to be struggling though;

1 Like

Germany, PC, Store, 1GBits Line
==> Less than 2MBits download in MSFS

3 Likes

It’s the typical problem that we are having for some time now:
Download speed for a new file is in the 1.5-3 MBit range for about 10 minutes, then it goes up to full speed, downloads the file quickly… and with the next file the struggle starts again.

13 Likes

I too see very fluctuating download speeds. Most of time in the range of 1.0 to 3.0 Mbit/s. For a brief second int went up to nearly 50.
I am on Windows 10 (latest), Steam version of the Sim. Region: Austria

The same is true for the new Cessna 207: Download speed jumps between 1.0-3.0 and 50 Mbit/sec, most of time unfortnunatly in the low end of the spectrum → downloading the ~2GB is a pain and takes for ages on a broad band connection where it should take some few minutes.

Edit: currently downloading the updates in the content manager → again fluctuating. What i noticed is that it seems to take some time to gain speed for a particular *.fspatch file, but when a file was downloaded it seems the speed resets to below 3Mbit/sec and then again takes ages to eventually jump in the region of 50Mbit/sec. Very weird…

1 Like

I’ve been flying around Brussels for the past 15 minutes and it looks great. May be one of my favorite European cities in the sim thus far.

Decided to try the content manager updates first. Downloads are around 1 Mbps with a a single burst (so far) up to 200 Mbps. UK here, Windows 11, store version.

i´ll let you know as soon as i got it downloaded. in like three weeks or so…

3 Likes

In the content manager i get about 2 Mbps.

I wonder how this works, as Microsoft has a lot of data centers nearby one would think this data is all cached.