City Update 8: Las Vegas Feedback

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion about City Update 8: Las Vegas.

If you have any bugs to report with the new scenery. Please create a new topic in Scenery and Airports.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

13 Likes

:hushed: :small_airplane:

22 Likes

We are going to need flytampa to update theirs for compatibility I think.

I hope the sphere projection is animated.

9 Likes

looks like its moving to me.

1 Like

It animates and looks up at the aircraft flying overhead in the trailer.

Sweetness!

7 Likes

Canā€™t wait to try! Big question how does it to compare to the fly tampa scenery?

3 Likes

Loving the new update so far. I did notice an issue with the roller coaster at NYNY unless its fs2024 :wink:

Top one from the trailer

From CU8, I did also clear rolling cache after installing the CU and the new poi from the content mgr and still got the same thing

Update on 4th load in the roller coaster spawned in this time i was flying the other way of the strip and it loaded

it looks amazing with the water fountains and the las vegas sphere

Thank you

Andy2790

4 Likes

Itā€™s a nice ā€˜freeā€™ edition for Vegas but I still think FT wins.

However, myself and other included notice a FPS issue with the city in the FT version. Looking at certain parts of the city cause massive stutters. I hope FT can fix that.

As far as this City update goes, In a perfect world, we can get compatibilty to keep the FT buildings and all the other stuff from the city update. Photogram buildings donā€™t do Vegas justice.

4 Likes

SO NICE to have an alternative for those who do not own (or plan to buy) a Las Vegas add on!!!

6 Likes

I donā€™t mean to come across as that guy, itā€™s great that they do this. But I uninstalled FlyTampas stuff, and installed this. Took a look, was horrified by the default airport and melted everything and quickly reverted.

Suffice to say, FlyTampa has nothing to fear from this one., in my opinion.

12 Likes

FT is not the only 3rd party add on KLAS available. Folks have choices. Now they have more choices. For Xbox owners, sometimes the best add on is not the best one, it is the 2nd best one LOL!

1 Like

If youā€™re seeing ā€œmelted everythingā€ā€¦ that seems like a cache issue. You may want to clear / delete your cache and rebuild it, then allow a few minutes for the scenery to load in and fill the cache.

1 Like

Iā€™m on Xbox and this version of Vegas looks like a nuked city just like London. I had to go back to Fly Tampa version.

10 Likes

Appreciate the help mate, but Iā€™ve turned off rolling cache looong ago. :wink:

Iā€™m not knocking it, if you donā€™t have any custom scenery, itā€™s nice. But PG/TIN is never going to beat handcrafted modelling, imo

4 Likes

I seem to have an issue here:

I did have the Fly Tampa Vegas KLAS/city package installed.

However, I opened the package and uninstalled the city and kept the KLAS airport. I then rebooted the sim and then loaded into a parking spot at KLAS and this what I saw for the first time.

I do NOT have the Rolling Cache enabled.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Any issues when having it installed together with FT KLAS? How much is getting replaced?

Scenery priority issue?

What does that mean in terms of troubleshooting?

EDIT:

Iā€™m deleting KLAS and rebooting the sim. Will report results.

EDIT2:

Looks like either part of the Fly Tampa LV add-on will be an issue.

Removing KLAS fixed it:

3 Likes

Not tried it myself but there is the scenery priority tool under experimental. Not sure if it lists in game PG scenery / city updates though. I took one look at this update video and just thought there would be issues with them both. Iā€™m guessing quite a few people have FT KLAS scenery already.

2 Likes

Nice to have if you donā€™t have any other options / alternatives but after reviewing Iā€™m going to stick with FlyTampaā€™s KLAS and KLAS Scenery package.

5 Likes