City Update 8: Las Vegas Feedback

That will be confusing when the name is shortened by us to “WU” :slight_smile:

Can’t they call them Countryside Updates? …oh, wait a sec!

5 Likes

I was gonna say, that trailer looks like what we’ve seen in the 2024 trailers! Made me a bit worried that 2024 won’t look as good as its trailers since 2020 trailers also often look better than the actual game.

But what you say sounds promising.

1 Like

Gonna try that! I really like FTs stuff better, but it would be a shame to miss out on all the surrounding photogrammetry things, like the mountains and stuff.

Just did some comparisons… The City Update is a considerable upgrade over what we had previously. Nicely done! For those that have the Fly Tampa scenery, I would say that FT is superior, so keep the Fly Tampa installed.

In order for the the two sceneries (Fly Tampa city + airport) and City Update to play nice together, I recommend to uninstall the Vegas Strip portion from the City Update and keep the other (see picture below); at least until Fly Tampa comes out with a patch to fully support City Update 8. Otherwise, you’ll get two Spheres.

11 Likes

Thanks for the insight. Yes I can confirm this method works. I’m on Xbox X. It looks great. They did a nice job on the city update

2 Likes

Simple, just use Scenery Updates

3 Likes

Absolutely agree, just stunning.

1 Like

Absolutely great city update…and you can’t argue with the price! Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t know, I feel it’s a little to expensive… :rofl:

I think that the FT KLAS includes quite a lot of the ground in the city, I base this on the fact I found the KLAS really frame hungry when I was on console so I just installed the city part of the bundle and quite a lot of the ground textures were off. So maybe having KLAS from FT installed breaks the CU8 stuff. Someone else I know also left the KLAS from FT installed and got the same result

Thanks for this hint. I did this (as I have the FT gear) but man… that scenery kills my system.

Yes it’s really bad for me (in VR). I emailed them about it but to no reply :confused:

The FlyTampa Vegas strip scenery is just superior all the way down to ground level.
Those mountains do look nice though…

1 Like

Thanks to the Team have a great weekend over there count me in for 2024 release

Very happy with this city update

1 Like

Using the City Update along with the FlyTampa scenery, the only issue I ran into was with the Sphere, which I think is getting the MS animation on top of the FT sphere so it looks messed up.

However, there are benefits to using both. The FT Strip looks dramatically better (and the AI-generated McCarran included with the sim is horribad). But having the City Update installed gives you photogrammetry for stuff like Area 15 that was all generic buildings before.

Ooh, just sawj @jmbgator’s tip about removing the MS Strip! That sounds like it might allow best of both worlds.

1 Like

The only Microsoft option I see in my content manager is…

City Update VIII: Las Vegas

Running Deluxe premium version (MS Store). Also running Fly Tampa Vegas

You need to click the menu on the left.

Or change your View to “List”

Then you’ll see all the individual packages available.

Select the one you want to remove and uninstall.

4 Likes

Holy cannoli! I thought they were real photo’s at first.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. transparent buildings with no detail. :slightly_frowning_face:

The Sphere and water fountain were nice, but that’s about it. If this is better than before, I would say it’s maybe less bad. The rest of Vegas proper looked like the same post apocalyptic scene as every other photogrammetry location. I know we shouldn’t expect perfection, but still disappointing for one of the most landmark dense locations people will want to fly low and slow around.

Though I will say I was surprised to see a billboard with a couple of bikini clad women on it considering Microsoft has taken a stance to prevent third party developers from having women in bikinis.

3 Likes

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation to Asobo Studio for the stunningly detailed and visually captivating Las Vegas City Update 8 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The fidelity and realism achieved in recreating the city and its surroundings are commendable and enhance the immersive experience of virtual flight.

However, I am a bit disappointed at the omission of a significant landmark, the Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, from the trailer. Given its status as the tallest residential building in the city and its architectural prominence, missing a few nice shots of such a notable architectural feat containing even some cultural and historical significance (due to its association with one of the former Presidents of the United States) in the trailer feels a bit unfortunate.

The photogrammetry within the simulator includes the Trump Tower and basically all of Las Vegas in all its glory!
Folks, yes, I’ve edited it - this comes from my heart that I assure you there were no hidden ill intentions on my part! :raising_hand_man:t2:

I apologize for writing certain parts in an unnecessarily harsh style, while it was nothing more but a strong desire to state the importance of doing our best to represent all significant landmarks, honoring the diverse cultural and historical contributions that define our cities.

Thank You for the remarkable update, and I look forward to seeing even more of what Microsoft/Asobo magic brings - looking at you Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 :heart_eyes:

1 Like