City Update 9: Northeastern United States

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion about City Update 9: Northeastern United States.

If you have any bugs to report with the new scenery. Please create a new topic in Scenery and Airports.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

12 Likes

I was hoping for some updated scenery in Northeastern(er?) United States, this is more mid-atlantic (other than Buffalo which is lakes region)

6 Likes

“Mid-Atlantic” always makes me think of the “accent”. Now I can’t stop hearing Katharine Hepburn in my head, which is always a good thing!

6 Likes

Looks nice, wonder how it compares (or interacts with) Drzewiecki Design Washington Landmarks.

Will have to check it out after install, and see if there’s an option to remove that part (like there was with Vegas Strip).

UPDATE

Unable to uninstall any individual components. Testing with Both enabled and everything looks okay so far. DD does have more / better detail (when testing with only one on).

5 Likes

This is the first time a MSFS trailer doesn’t look good.
It is probably because the team is super busy with 2024 so I appreciate we get something for the 4th of July even if it is not in the level of quality and detail as the previous city updates.

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. I don’t know how good the update is but the trailer definitely doesn’t have me rushing to install.

3 Likes

Really? I thought it looked fine? Did i miss something?

1 Like

Thanks for bringing the US Naval Academy into the sim. It brought a tear to my eye - my Dad’s an alumni and he recently passed. He would have loved to see it in the sim - Bancroft Hall, the yacht basin looking out onto the Severn…

30 Likes

Not sure if it’s a bug or by design, but PG needs to be turned on in order to get the Helipad at the Pentagon.

With it off, it’s a big building where the Helipad is.

1 Like

Allentown PA: where the first shots were fired in the American Revolutionary War (actually near Boston, not anywhere in PA), Annapolis MD: where Washington Crossed the Delaware (nowhere near Annapolis), Buffalo NY: where the Declaration of Independence was signed(sorry Philadelphia). The four most important cities during our nations independence are nowhere to be found, being updated for the July 4th holiday. Great we get new cities in the sim, but Boston, New York, Philadelphia and Washington DC, would have been better cities, IMO.

6 Likes

I’m worried about the compatibility also, although I’m excited once any kinks get worked out - this should blend better outside of DD’s update zone.

I just posted an update, I don’t see any issues yet.

3 Likes

No interest in yet another USA update , myself and many others fly in the UK , that desperately needs an update.

6 Likes

Definitely living the good life in Southampton NY

6 Likes

Was JUST thinking this; sorry for my confusion – are you saying we can keep both and there’s no duplicates or issues? Or just keep 1 or the other?

1 Like

Thinking of you friend… I can appreciate your post; that trailer got me a little teary-eyed too, especially in this terrible political climate we’re in (NOT discussing any candidate, just in general). Happy 4th!

4 Likes

Floated over Buffalo in the H160 at 20-30 kts and 300 ft. Not really the way photogrammetry is meant to be seen, which makes what I saw the more impressive.

Almost no melted wax, polygonal trees were there but I had to look for them, some floaters - can never understand why these can’t be culled - but again not too intrusive.

At 300 ft it’s not going to be photorealistic but it’s tolerably close. If I’d flown over my own house - which I didn’t, because I don’t live in Buffalo - I’m pretty sure I would have recognised it.

I ended my flight on a tall building’s helipad - again, I think, photogrammetry but nicer than the ones I’ve landed on in Los Angeles.

2 Likes

In Washinton DC near the stadium theres a big black line, Ive got all the current updated world updates and the new CU9 installed. aswell as clearing rolling cache but the line is still there.

cords 38.8884284, -76.9660971

Thanks
Andy

Are the fireworks added with this CU, or were they already present? I assume they only show on July 4th?

Not sure if they were added with this CU. But the CU Texas had them. Set your time for July 4 at 10pm

1 Like