City Update 9: Northeastern United States

Just did a quick comparison of DD Washington Landmarks with City Update 9 and here’s a few notes;

City Update 9 Without DD

• The PG isn’t that great
  • The Helipad at the Pentagon isn’t visible unless PG is on
  • The Helipad at the Pentagon cannot be spawned at (regardless of PG)
  • The Helipad at the White House can be used to Takeoff / Land
  • All the key buildings and monuments are there, and they do look nice but seem a
    bit flat / lackluster
  • Night lighting looks good, however no red lights on the Washington Monument
    which is a miss

City Update 9 With DD

• The PG seems to be worse in some areas when the scenery is enabled
  • The Helipad at the Pentagon can be used regardless if PG is on or off (can spawn
    from there as well)
  • The Helipad at the White House can be used to land at and spawn into, however there is a static aircraft there as part of the Scenery
  • The Washington monument has the red lights
  • Night lighting looks much better
  • Modeled interiors still work (if you haven’t found this Easter Egg before I won’t spoil it, DM me)
  • Audio Files still work (if you haven’t found this Easter Egg before I won’t spoil it, DM me)

Overall

No issues running both of these (that I can tell), DD in my opinion is the superior option so if you have it, run it along side this (and get all the other great updates included) but beware if you use PG it does seem to look worse with DD scenery installed.

If you don’t have DD Washington Landmarks and have been flying the area as is, this City Update will be a great enhancement!

12 Likes

Interesting if john paul jones tomb is there.

Wow, I’m really glad to see Buffalo city. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

DD will need to update their scenery. Tile issues with KDCA.

1 Like

What combination are you seeing the issue with?

CU9+Stock KDCA?
CU9+DD KDCA
CU9+DD Washington Scenery + Stock KDCA?
CU9+DD Washington Scenery + DD KDCA?

And can you post a screenshot?

I removed DD mod and I didn’t check yet. Does this mod is necessary to have a correct Washington DC ?

I don’t think its a new bug. I am not sure.

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Server issues July 2

Hello @HXArdito,

There is currently an issue affecting Xbox account authentication. This is not specific to MSFS but is affecting authentication for all Xbox accounts. Please see here for more information:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/xbox-live-outage-7-2-24/647694/2

Thanks,
MSFS Team

5 Likes

Yes, yes it is. A lot of citiots during summer, best time of year March… Nice and quiet. Can’t sign on right now to check it out but keen to see my house…

The UK will almost certainly also be getting an update on the 4th of July :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I’m afraid to see whether the egregious wrecking of the beautiful Philadelphia Art Museum several updates ago has been corrected. If not, why not?

Purely an assumption but probably not since I haven’t seen mention of Philadelphia in the update. I took a short flight from Buffalo to the Niagara Falls just to see if it was fixed and improved with this update, but it was untouched. So I think they strictly stuck to very specific locations mentioned and nothing more.

Little island, you’d think it wouldn’t be that hard. Patience dear boy.

Can’t thank you enough for posting this. I was thinking i would be waiting a while to install on the basis that it wasn’t going to be compatible.

1 Like

All the buildings behind the Capital hill (Congress Library, Supreme court, etc.) are FLAT! Anyone see similar thing? By the way, I have disabled all my addon in community folder.

Well I’ve only checked out the Baltimore, Annapolis, DC area so far but I am really very happy with this new style of PG and just how far you can see stuff. Its probably different with different planes (X Box X). I was really happy to see that PG exists on both sides of the Chesapeake bay – hopefully one day it will go even further south (and north and east ironically). It was a bit stuttery today but in all honesty, with it looking that good I will put up with some performance issues.

1 Like

I have to wonder if someone has ever gotten scanned into the 3D imagery sunbathing by their pool. Could make for a good easter egg.

Holy friggin smokes! It’s not just the obvious things like landmarks, but I went up the 95 corridor from Davidson airfield to DC and EVERYTHING got touched. The National harbor now not only exists, but look at Top Golf off to the side! Ft Washington, Gunston Hall, homely Ocoquan-the park even had the brick oven, every remnant of the old Lorton prison, landfills, power line chases through trees, recognizable gas stations and convenience stores, 3d trains at railyards, houses with cars in the driveways and curbside, I dead reckoned around for 2 hours and never got lost. Even chased a few normal driving routes and it was cake to figure out what strip mall was what.

They even got my house this time around :wink: Also, road vehicle behavior is completely changed where there’s really good PG, cars are following ramps(including the absolute worst designed interchange on the planet at 395/495), there’s street signs on the highways, pretty amazing. I was averaging 700AGL and it was still impressive, at normal altitudes, even GA at 2500’ it’s astounding.

I felt too fast in the STA, guess I’m going around town in the Cub. I just did a 40 mile radius and didn’t find anything missing, didn’t even check the other areas listed for the region, and the places I was spotting are boring ones. They ‘upgraded’ the area before, but it was still almost completely autogen.

There are some things like PG aircraft on the apron at Andrews, but at the same time gate guard aircraft are there. I removed DZ Washington DC(city) without rebooting, so a couple hand drawn things on the mall were off. Will have to go back up, in something even slower…

4 Likes

@CptnDoppie The update seems very light compared to others. Only focus based on the video is mid Atlantic.