CJ Simulations Eurofighter Typhoon released

Love the plane, the host of navigation options make it really usable and is a fun challenge at low speeds and landings.
I’m having issues with autopilot sometimes though it’s probably me :stuck_out_tongue: , sometimes Track, Heading and Approach don’t seem to engage or behave strangely, i’ve had many cases where Track and Approach cause the plane to fly in circles, Approach rarely wants to grab the ILS without a lot of coercion and when it starts descending sometimes it will stop following it laterally and fly off to the sides. I’ve had 2 cases where clicking Heading does nothing but wiggling the stick a little causes it to engage.
Besides that, love it.

1 Like

the wheel in the orange circle changes the brightness

2 Likes

I know. IT IS the DEP wheel… Brightness for HMD.

Thank you.

1 Like

@Codename Jack

in my reply about the both insignias i have forgotten to explain this special Livery. If you find pictures in the web of this Eurofighter

it isnt a fake!
This picture was made from Dr. Stefan Petersen in the year of 2015.
In 2015, the Richthofen Tactical Air Group was still part of Luftwaffe Squadron 31 “Boelcke”. Therefore, the squadron insignia Boelcke is on the vertical stabilizer and under the cockpit the insignia of Richthofen. After “Richthofen” became an independent squadron again, the insignia of “Boelcke” was removed. The aircraft with the 31-01, as seen on the picture, with both insignia, no longer exists. The picture was made during the last flight of this plane (from Rostock-Laage to Wittmundhafen) with both insignia.

LesG Custom Livery - 31-01 (2015) / CJ Simulations Eurofighter Typhoon

:slightly_smiling_face:

more Liveries

Taktisches Luftwaffengeschwader 31 “Boelcke” ETNN - Noervenich

30-65

30-98

Download:
Der Flugsektor: MSFS2020-Eurofighter CJ Sim. Livery TLwG31

3 Likes

…it would be nice to have more default german and austrian liveries…

some new liveries are coming…

10 Likes

btw some obvious modeling mistakes here, honestly i dont think they should exist at all. no complaints its a constructive criticism, all i want is the eurofighter to be better

4 Likes

It is just a question of time and you will get a lot of custom made Liveries for the EuFi.

Liveries of the german TLwG for the Eurofighter Typhoon - CJ Simulations - made by LesG

Download:

I hope you will enjoy it.

The next step will be a complete overhaul of the lettering on the EuFi.
As this is always a lot of research work, it will take time. Therefore, I cannot say when I will have the final versions ready. I therefore ask for a little patience.

4 Likes

Wow. That looks amazing. (But) we need these liveries on the marketplace ( for Xbox)

Don’t worry about that, you will enjoy them probably this week

2 Likes

Is fine, I understand that it is constructive and there are plans to improve the cockpit.

4 Likes

You are a legend - they all look brilliant, but the last two especially so :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just messing around really but thought id post this anyway. MSFS Typhoon Flight HD - YouTube

1 Like
4 Likes

No sarcasm or insincerity. That was really cool to see. The music choice was very solid, right away felt like the viewer was going to be in for a ride.

We’ve had some differences, in my opinion not really initially intended by you or myself, but it was what it was, and I say that instead of saying it is what it is hoping that can be in the past?(I removed some videos you previously mentioned a day or so after you last mentioned it) If not I understand.

At the 2:30 of your canyon run, you did that turn incredibly fast. Faster than I thought capable not just with your aircraft but with any of them. Not many aircraft if any(other than Typhoon) will be able to make that turn at those speeds. I took note. Taking that turn at the speeds you did would shave off a couple seconds. I know it takes practice to perform the way you did, and that’s not lost on me. Good work/efforts.

I know you can find out what the real life top mach is for most of these aircraft and from what I have read online, the Typhoon’s top mach in the sim matches with what is reported online, and I can reach those top speeds in default clear skies without having to adjust the weather so to me, that would be as accurate as you can get. Not all military jets reach their real life reported top mach speeds in the sim. Only about half do(as of now).

The only aspect of the flight model that seemed questionable to me, is the acceleration. I know the acceleration is completely subjective, but if you use skydolly replay, if you start the Typhoon next to any of the other military jets and take off at the same time, you will notice the Euro’s acceleration from 0-400 is significantly slower than other jets, even heavier jets.

0-400 knots seems (significantly)slower on acceleration compared to other jets, and 650knots and above acceleration is even faster than the F-22’s, but this fast acceleration doesn’t seem as significant as the slow acceleration at slower speeds.

I think it’s really great that you added liveries and that more are coming. The Bavarian Tigers looks good, as do the black with white tips and camo one.

I also think it’s good how on top of the updates you have been and not just being satisfied with the inital released version.

If you could update the acceleration and give the Typhoon custom sounds, it’d be difficult to argue a better aircraft.

In the comment section I answered the question if the F-14 would be a good buy. I gave them my honest answer.

PS-The wheels not showing in the video is due to the skydolly replay, not the aircraft. When flying the aircraft live, the wheels were visible and worked as they should. Also the afterburner not being on when it should in the video, also a sky dolly replay issue not the jet.

Custom sounds for Typhoon are on the way.

4 Likes

For those doubting the Typhoon Performance “realism”

6 Likes

Some thoughts concerning Typhoon’s acceleration:
CJ’s Typhoon is the first delta wing fighter fighter we have in MSFS
In your impressive video you compare a delta wing fighter (Typhoon) to a conventional wing fighter (F-35).

1. At the beginning of the take off run you release the brakes about one sec later than the F-35. One sec is the hell in such competition. I.e. on ground for my obeservation the accelerations are equal.
  2. Short after lift off the delta wing is in it’s worst condition in relation of lift and drag - low speed, hight AOA - its just a big drag which has to be overcome by a lot of thrust. The lift is improved by the slats and the foreplanes in that phase, but this causes additional drag. Compared to non canard delta wing the foreplanes and slats just reduce lift-off speed and distance.
    I.e. in the phase short after lift of the there is a slight disadvantage for the Typhoon.
  3. When the bad lift to drag relation has overcome by the thrust, the delta wing reveals its main advantage: Low drag at low AOA and high speed, especially in supersonic flight. Under these conditions an advantage in acceleration compared to the bigger and heavier F-22 seems reasonable.

We all don’t know the real performance data of these high end fighters as they are classified. And we shouldn’t be comparing apples to oranges. To my extend the revealed performance data and the special delta wing capabilities (including advantages and disadvantages) are well implemented in this Typhoon.

Thanks to CJ.

8 Likes

Well said there chap

2 Likes

You are right but not how you came to the conclusion you did, but overall you are right.

Turns out if you take the CJ Tyhpoon at sea level, say for example Heathrow runway 27, 50% fuel clear skies, and if you do a side x side take off with lets say the F15 C also at 50% fuel and clear skies, the Eurotyphoon’s acceleration not only seems normal/reasonable, but it is actually faster.

However if you take the CJ Typhoon above sea level, for example KGCN runway 3, 50% fuel clear skies and you do a side x side with the same F15 C also at 50% fuel clear skies, the F-15C will accelerate faster than the Euro does. Is this normal? If so feel free to educate me why this happens and how it can affect performance in this regard.

Where I was wrong, is on the apples to oranges comparison but I truly feel it has a lot more to do with the fuel settings in which that prior video was done. I should have known better in this regard but in my defense, I don’t think majority of the military jets fuel consumption is as accurate as what I am assuming the CJ Eurofighter is.

For example in real life the Gripen, which is also a delta wing jet with canards(technically that *other jet/euro that never got updated can be considered the first delta wing fighter in the sim but I think it’s justified to ignore that aircraft and consider CJ’s the *legit first delta wing jet), does not get as many miles as the Eurofighter does.

This means that if I am going to conduct a speed/agility comparison test where I only set the bare minimum fuel needed to complete the test(so that jets are as agile as fast & agile), so that all jets can finish being as light as possible, would mean that the Gripen, should start out with a higher fuel amount than the Eurofighter does.

However in the simulator, that is not the case. In order for the Eurofighter to finish the race with less than 5% fuel, the Eurofighter has to start out with 67% fuel no tanks. To my knowledge, there is not a way to determine the specific traveling distance from a jet and then matching it in the simulator, however if I had to bet, I would bet on CJ’s Euro fighter being accurate, or, more accurate than others, when it comes to fuel consumption.

If CJ’s Eurofighter requires 67% fuel to complete, then logically, the Gripen should require more fuel than the Eurofighter because what is reported in real life is that the Euro’s fuel effeciency is better than the Gripen’s, so the Gripen should start with more fuel and finish with about the same. This also means the Gripen would accelerate much slower than it currently does.

However, in the simulator the Gripen’s fuel would start out at 29%, still be able to finish the course, where as CJ’s Eurofighter starts out with 67% fuel. 67% is significantly greater than 29%, I’m sure we all agree. I’m sure we all also agree that 67% fuel will weigh down the aircraft more than 29% fuel would. That is the biggest difference I am noticing.

Good News Bad News and Indifferent news-
Indifferent casual flight simmers will not care about the fuel consumption accuracy and enjoy the aircraft as they always have and will not be able to notice the differences in performance.

Good news-for CJ and his Eurofighter’s acceleration, upon further analysis and more detailed testing I did, seems to actually be accurate therefor, just focus on the sounds and as I originally expressed, this Eurofighter can be one of the best made jets in the sim.

Bad news-I will report these findings to other developer’s and point out the descrepancy in the fuel consumption and how the inaccuracy of fuel consumption can play a direct role in the jet’s performance. More work for other developers to do and more time for sticklers of details such as myself to have to wait. A me/our problem, but not CJ’s which I bet he is smirking while reading this reply :wink:

Go ahead and smirk. You deserve it. I know you put in a lot of work to get things right.

Now, if only everyone can admit when they did something wrong, what a peaceful community this place could be :wink: