CJ Simulations Eurofighter Typhoon released

Regarding what I observed earlier, not a great difference but a noticeable one. I am just thinking aloud here before someone more knowledgeable than myself chimes in but perhaps due to the delta wing and denser air is why the Euro is slower at sea level where other jets’ performance aren’t impacted as noticeable?

Here is side x side of the same two jets taking off under the same weather conditions, 50% fuel. Above sea level the Euro fighter is slower than at sea level but the F15 C seems to have a slight advantage over the Euro above sea level.

I have no issue with one jet being faster than the other. It just makes me curious if wing design can make such an immediate impact from the start when departing from different altitudes.

Why do you keep going on about 50% fuel? If the planes have different size fuel tanks then 50% will be a totally different value and weight for each! Your methods are ridiculous. If you want to test thrust coefficients you should at least make sure EACH plane is EXACTLY the same takeoff weight

3 Likes

All of these modern military jets are approximations of the real thing, the true performance figures are classfied, just enjoy them for what they are.

I will say though that the Typhoon has one of the best thrust to weight ratios of any modern fighter, when it’s in interceptor configuration.

4 Likes
1 Like

The developer of the F-16 stated on his facebook page that he sat with an actual F-16 pilot while developing the aircraft to make sure it is as accurate as possible.

2 Likes

all DC/SC Designs products have had input from the real world pilots with many many hours stick time.
Also CJ’s Typhoon has had input and continues to do so from current typhoon pilots

5 Likes

New JustFlight Update (Marketplace expected in a week).

Changelog V0.1.5

– Implemented CFD Simulation
– Reviewed lift vs AOA slope coefficients
– Corrected empty weight Center Gravity position
– Tweaked PiD values to mitigate undesired roll tiltings
– Updated CheckLists
– Corrected Light Taxi/landing position to off state by default when Cold & Dark
– Fuel shutoff valves switches set to off by default when Cold & Dark
– APU now is tied to GPU system if available in order to avoid drain battery if engines are still not started

– New Liveries Added (Special Credits to Reaper7645, BombShell270 & SikXskillZ as the authors of these):
– RAF Factory, No Squadron
– Italian Air Force, 2021 Nato Tiger Meet
– Spanish Airforce, Ala 14, last Typhoon Delivered
– Italian Air Force 37 Stormo
– Italian Air Force 100
– Italian Air Force 100, Display

– Fixes on current Liveries:
– RAF 100 Anniversary 29Sqn –> Boresight Pilot name added along with logo
– RAF Battle of Britain 75yrs –> Entire Re-do addition of weathering and leakage
– RAF D-Day Stripes –> Plane shading added, names added under the canopy
– Austrian Air Force –> Fuel tanks now bare “Call 121.5mhz” for QRA comms
– RAF 3Sqn Centenery –> Added missiing spinal paint and canopy paint, shading added to aircraft, Pilot name added under the canopy

– Spine paint corrected to allign:
– RAF 11Sqn Centenery –> Added missiing spinal paint and canopy paint, shading added to aircraft. Spine fully covered

– Luftwaffe Liveries:
– Taktisches Luftwaffengeschwader 73 –> German Blue coating added to tanks and nose cone fixed
– Luftwaffe JG5 Anniversary –> German Blue coating added to tanks and nose cone fixed
– Luftwaffe JG71 Black Tulip –> German Blue coating added to tanks. Black paint added to the spine and nose cone fixed
– Luftwaffe JG71 Boelcke –> German Blue coating added to tanks and nose cone fixed
– Luftwaffe Tiger Meet, Display tanks –> Added a mirror of Ghost tiger to hold display tanks

– Corrected Thumbnails for Luftwaffe Tiger Meet, 2013
– Common: Standard tanks have been modified to carry warning signs and fuel caps
– Fixed a graphical flaw in all liveries in where part of the texture near the refuel probe was overlapping with the nose of the aircraft

5 Likes

@CodenameJack447
Thanks for the Update :+1:

It´s done :slightly_smiling_face:

Reworked version of my paintings with more details in the lettering and other details of the german luftwaffe Liveries - checked with version 0.1.2 and 0.1.5
For research I used Kagero Top Shots which contains many detailed photos.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sry but i have to rework the Liveries after Patch 0.1.8 - i don’t know at the moment if I will do

5 Likes

We need these liveries on Xbox/ marketplace too.

Thanks for the hard work guys!

Looking forward for the new update on Xbox. Still the best jet in the sim imo

2 Likes

For console user all marketplace updates including the Typhoon have been delayed due to some type of bugs in Sim update 11.

5 Likes

Depends on how modern. Most of the statistics on 4th gen aircraft have been mostly uncovered and confirmed. I speak with my only experience being block 50-70 F16s but still. Pretty accurate flight characteristics can be calculated in simulation programs by anyone these days really. Model an airframe with proper weight, control surfaces, and center of gravity at varrying speeds and air pressure.

Rate of acceleration and engine performance (especially with full burners on) is generally what they dont want adversaries to be able to optimize weapon systems to. I remember seeing a demonstration of the JAS 39 in 2015 where they had a big screen showing fixed camera angles inside the cockpit too. The HUD symbology was blurred out and the airspeed indicator had something covering it from that camera angle.

All in all, I have liked all of DC designs products so far and this is a colab project. I have everything except this Typhoon and the Harrier. Which should I get first?

The Harrier is a lot of fun to fly. I don’t have the Typhoon (yet) so I can’t compare the two, but I do recommend the Harrier.

2 Likes

Pics from this weeks Typhoon Tiger meet flight

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

Justflight update:

Changelog V0.1.6

• Fixed WindShield switch function working reversed (DEMIST).

• Fixed Gear Lights to avoid illuminating cockpit when gear up.

• Fixed Overall External lights orientation/range/intensity.

• Increased trim Limits for Autopilot compatibility
    Note: Remember manual trim is available below 186knots for approach/landing purposes.

• HSI: redone for Pilot Awareness format rendition.

• ELEV: Features expanded. It is now possible to switch between camera and synthetic view. With synthetic vision you can change the gray scale.

• MDE/HDD buttons: horizontal bars (highlight bars) are added to the buttons to improve the visibility of the active functions when the sun reflects on the cockpit.

• MASS switch implemented with states SAFE, STBY and LIVE. Status is reflected on the STORES page

• New Liveries Added (Special Credits to Reaper7645, SikXskillZ & Dasadles as the authors of these):

• Italian Air Force, Group X Special
    • RAF 17Sqn, ZJ930
    • RAF 17Sqn Anniversary, ZJ947
    • Italian Air Force, 3rd Storm Anniversary
    • Qatar Air Force
    • Eurofighter 2000 Primer
    • RAF 6Sqn, ZK342
    • Spanish Airforce 2016, Tigermeet
    • RAF 9Sqn, “Batman”
  • Overall Fixes on Liveries: General livery arrangements have been made that had some uncovered
    holes, alignments between different pieces, etc.

• Landing gear angles fixed.

For MarketPlace users, this update is expected to go live on Jan 11th.

3 Likes

More liveries too! You are the best

3 Likes

Anyone know how to tuen off the pilot in first person view? I cant see anything because im in the head and xhest if some random person lol. If anyone knows how to turn that off please let me know. It only appears after i turn on battery. Weird. Thank you, and merry christmas.

set the weight of the pilot to less than 50kg (110 lbs) and the ghosting should disappear. It also only happens if you use custom cameras (which I always do). Since there’s an instructor seat (but no instructor) I set the pilot to 100 lbs then make up the difference with the instructor. And Merry Christmas!

1 Like
1 Like