CJ4 Community Mod by Working Title Released

Omg you’re the best, thanks a lot :blush:

Is there any way to delete waypoints in the fmc? For example my SID has the wrong transition and I’d like the delete the transition and manually add my own. CLR doesn’t work.

You can delete waypoints in the FPLN view by hitting CLR, then the Right soft key next to the waypoint and then EXEC. However, this doesn’t work from the LEGS page so approach fixes aren’t listed. You can amend the SID transition from the DEP/ARR page, by clicking on the SID and then clicking on the transition, but the navdata is incomplete in the sim right now, so this doesn’t always work correctly. If you’re not able to delete a waypoint that appears in the FPLN page, that’s a bug, so please report it ideally with a pic at our Github issues page. Thanks!

@ mmda81

Two best practices suggestions for you the next time you modify an original sim file:

1. Make a back up of the original folder and save it someplace to make restoring the default settings much easier

2. add // to the beginning of any line you wish to modify, then add a new line with the same command and make the necessary edits. For example,

low_idle_n1 = 24.5
//low_idle_n1 = 20
low_idle_n2 = 53.4
//low_idle_n2 = 60

The lines starting with // indicate a comment in the code and are not used, but they remain in the code should you want to revert to the original setting. Searching for // in the configuration files will quickly find what you modified.

1 Like

Nice job! Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much for the reply and all the hard work.

Very good job thx !!!

Just to ask, is the Autothrottle in the real life CJ4? If there is, is there a chance of it being implemented?

I absolutely love the CJ4 but I don’t like the fact that I have to sit and watch my throttle to make sure I don’t stall or overspeed

No Autothrottle @Blitz2767, One thing that might help is writing down some known power settings for target air speeds. Such as 55% N1 for an ILS approach, 55-60% for 200 kts (clean configuration).

1 Like

@Blitz2767 for now I think that only the Pilatus PC-12NGX and TBM 940 has an electronic autotrottle integrated in the helix.

1 Like

hi there,
i fley on FL410 with 85% of thrust arournd 800ffph…didnot reach the distance KGGG- KVNY… on fl100 with thrust around 53 ffph droped to 480…schould it not be on higher fl be more efficient…
anded for safty in KLUF

Yes, this is a known issue with the flight model and is on our to do list to address down the road. We are awaiting some additional SDK documentation that speaks to new parameters that apply to engines.cfg

1 Like

Does this mod include engine tweeks for fuel consumption?

BRAVO!!! Great job

Yes but there’s still lots of work to do on it. It’s still burning too much fuel

Nice. i’ll send along the glareshield light mod.

5 Likes

Thank you for doing this! I appreciate everyone who is working to improve jets in the sim. It’s been much more enjoyable to fly in the past few days (I prefer jets to props, although I’m learning to love GA flying too), and I can’t wait to see what’s on the horizon.

You all are legends! This is brilliant - thank you for your work!

Very nice mod thank you for all the hard work. I am getting bad FPS with this though but default runs perfectly fine ?

Thank you for the work you all are doing to make the CJ4 more realistic. I find that the airplane will continue to climb through the altitude entered into the FMC and also selected on the panel. It happens in VS and FLCH modes. Is it within your scope to fix this? Also, perhaps related, the aircraft descends in response to the altitude selector knob automatically, despite my not having employed VS or FLCH. Lastly, if Microsoft/Asobo make a modification to the stock CJ4 how will this affect your Mod?