Clean installation recommendation when the patch comes out

I read a mensage from MSFS team directed to people who are experiencing problems with downloading and installation, saying they strongly advised to clean install Microsoft Flight Simulator before the installation of the patch by uninstalling and deleting the simulator folders. Link: [ONLY for players with installation issues] Note from the Team

I know this message is intended only for those who are having problems with installation, but I was wondering if MSFS team will also recommend a clean installation for people who have already downloaded and successfully installed the simulator before installing the patch or it’s not necessary.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

@edu2703 If your game is installed and running without issues then I wouldn’t bother with an uninstall and a clean install when the patch come out. I won’t be.

The advice you quote is specifically addressed to those who have issues with the installation process.

1 Like

If it’s installed and it appears to be working then just leave it alone and wait for the first official update. The number of times I read here on this forum about people wanting to move their installation, re-install, etc. It’s a world of pain, largely self-inflicted. Why would anyone create more problems than are necessary?

Thank you!